News: Make your MMO dream a reality! - RPG Maker XP Online System
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [XP] Mouse-Friendly Equipment Screen  (Read 1312 times)
RPGManiac3030
Awakened Visionist

Level: 4

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »

Mouse Friendly Equipment Screen
Author: RPGManiac3030
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Menu
Key Term: Custom Menu

Introduction

This is a small edit of Scene_Equip that basically makes it more compatible with a mouse script.

If you're not using a mouse script in your game, this script also allows the player to quickly change a piece of equipment in the menu. If you equipped a sword, you can then quickly choose another sword instead of having to choose your already-equipped sword and going through the list again. See the demo to see this in action.

Features

• Makes the default equipment screen compatible with a mouse script (i.e. Blizzard's mouse controller) so that the equipment list menu doesn't disappear when the mouse isn't selecting a piece of equipment...see the screenshot to see what I'm talking about   :^_^':
  • After equipping a weapon/armor, you can quickly select another piece.

Screenshots

This is before my edit is implemented:
(click to show/hide)

This is after my edit is implemented:
(click to show/hide)

Demo
Note: The demo doesn't make use of a mouse input module. It will work, though

Script
(click to show/hide)

If you use Fyre's custom equipment screen, use this edit:
See instructions on how to install this!
(click to show/hide)

Instructions

If you are using the default equipment menu:
Put the script above main and below any mouse script.

If you are using Fyre's custom equipment menu:
Put the edit below Fyre's script.

If you are using a different custom equipment menu:
Place this below whatever you are using, and edit my script accordingly.
Do not make ANY edits to the frame update or else you will lose the ability to quickly change equipment in the menu.

Compatibility

• Should be compatible with any mouse script out there, since I only edit Scene_Equip.
  • Edited for the default equipment menu.

Credits and Thanks

• RPGManiac3030

Author's notes
If you use this in your game, please credit me Happy
This is technically 2 scripts in 1, since I needed to use the quick equip feature to make the mouse compatibility better.
There were some issues when I tried testing the menu with other characters, all types of equipment, etc. and I fixed what I found. If you find any other errors like that, or any compatibility issues, please post it here!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:36:14 AM by RPGManiac3030 » Logged

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)
RPGManiac3030
Awakened Visionist

Level: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »

I added an edit so that it is compatible with Fyre's custom equipment menu, since that's what I'm using in my game anyway Happy

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Shoutbox
Latest Shouts
Today at 07:05:47 AM WhiteRose: The GeForce driver update today adds DSR to cards outside the 900 series, and it looks great - it's like having proper AA in games that only ever had FXAA. Of course, it does take your framerate down quite a bit, unless you have a system like G_G's, and then you can just brute force through it with your 400+ FPS, right, G_G? Wink
Today at 02:01:29 AM R.A.V.S.O: Gonna get quite busy this month that I'll probably be slightly more absent than the norm, on the bright side, I'm learning Unity
October 22, 2014, 10:46:13 PM Blizzard: Freaking awesome. <3 http://www.dorkly.com/post/69751/the-most-incredible-custom-n64s-ever
October 22, 2014, 01:26:08 PM gameus: It really helps when you have a PS3 and a PS4. You need PS+ to play online with the PS4 now so it's worth having just for that. Considering I've dealt with the whole Xbox live subscription before, this really wasn't any different. Plus, it gets you free games every month. I know you have to keep paying to keep them, but the collection does build up. I've got so many games across all 3 systems now. xD
October 22, 2014, 08:47:45 AM MarkHest: Boo
October 22, 2014, 07:53:26 AM WhiteRose: For some reason, PS+ has never really appealed to me, because you have to keep paying for it in order to keep playing your free games. I know that the price is so cheap that it's worth it, but I think I don't feel that any PS+ games are part of my "collection," if that makes sense. There's probably some sort of psychological thing that explains it. Haha. Tongue
October 22, 2014, 06:38:40 AM gameus: Too bad you don't have PS+. I got that game free awhile ago.
October 22, 2014, 04:22:04 AM WhiteRose: Dragon's Crown is 50% off on the PSN sale, and the gameplay looks fun... but.... I guess some of the art style is a little... different than what I might normally play. I'm kind of on the edge about whether to get it or not.
October 21, 2014, 04:53:40 PM Zexion: I dunno how to play it so i gave it away, but i think you just need to collect certain peices
October 21, 2014, 04:53:11 PM Zexion: okay, so I think i gave a $3000 monopoly prize away yesterday ._. this

HB Games RpgMaker.org