News: The Storyline Service! Get your inspiration and support here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [XP] Mouse-Friendly Equipment Screen  (Read 1263 times)
RPGManiac3030
Awakened Visionist

Level: 4

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »

Mouse Friendly Equipment Screen
Author: RPGManiac3030
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Menu
Key Term: Custom Menu

Introduction

This is a small edit of Scene_Equip that basically makes it more compatible with a mouse script.

If you're not using a mouse script in your game, this script also allows the player to quickly change a piece of equipment in the menu. If you equipped a sword, you can then quickly choose another sword instead of having to choose your already-equipped sword and going through the list again. See the demo to see this in action.

Features

• Makes the default equipment screen compatible with a mouse script (i.e. Blizzard's mouse controller) so that the equipment list menu doesn't disappear when the mouse isn't selecting a piece of equipment...see the screenshot to see what I'm talking about   :^_^':
  • After equipping a weapon/armor, you can quickly select another piece.

Screenshots

This is before my edit is implemented:
(click to show/hide)

This is after my edit is implemented:
(click to show/hide)

Demo
Note: The demo doesn't make use of a mouse input module. It will work, though

Script
(click to show/hide)

If you use Fyre's custom equipment screen, use this edit:
See instructions on how to install this!
(click to show/hide)

Instructions

If you are using the default equipment menu:
Put the script above main and below any mouse script.

If you are using Fyre's custom equipment menu:
Put the edit below Fyre's script.

If you are using a different custom equipment menu:
Place this below whatever you are using, and edit my script accordingly.
Do not make ANY edits to the frame update or else you will lose the ability to quickly change equipment in the menu.

Compatibility

• Should be compatible with any mouse script out there, since I only edit Scene_Equip.
  • Edited for the default equipment menu.

Credits and Thanks

• RPGManiac3030

Author's notes
If you use this in your game, please credit me Happy
This is technically 2 scripts in 1, since I needed to use the quick equip feature to make the mouse compatibility better.
There were some issues when I tried testing the menu with other characters, all types of equipment, etc. and I fixed what I found. If you find any other errors like that, or any compatibility issues, please post it here!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:36:14 AM by RPGManiac3030 » Logged

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)
RPGManiac3030
Awakened Visionist

Level: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »

I added an edit so that it is compatible with Fyre's custom equipment menu, since that's what I'm using in my game anyway Happy

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Shoutbox
Latest Shouts
July 30, 2014, 07:21:14 PM ArcaneAlchemy: I think everyone gets a little desensitized after answering the same questions that can easily be Googled or read. Some people are just straight cockbags too though..
July 30, 2014, 06:55:28 PM Blizzard: Oh yeah, I remember that. xD He was somewhat of a dick sometimes. But we all are.
July 30, 2014, 06:48:35 PM Sylphe: Bronies are future ! 
July 30, 2014, 06:47:14 PM Sylphe: ok thx, Yes I asked because of this RGSS Scripting for Intermediate and Experts, somewhere you say something like there is too much sephirothspawns XDD 
July 30, 2014, 01:53:25 PM ForeverZer0wtf...?
July 30, 2014, 09:35:53 AM Blizzard: I've grown and changed since then as a person. What kind of response did you expect?
July 30, 2014, 09:19:24 AM KK20: Huh, I was expecting a different response by Blizzard after having read that RGSS Scripting for Intermediate and Experts.
July 30, 2014, 09:17:13 AM ArcaneAlchemy: Yeah, sephspawn did make some good stuff. 
July 30, 2014, 08:32:42 AM KK20: Weird Al's "Word Crimes" speaks to me on so many levels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
July 30, 2014, 07:19:53 AM Blizzard: Seph is a acripter before the VX era. He was already known in the community when I entered, but I think he stopped before I did. He made some great scripts . We also had some sort od rivalry going on.

HB Games RpgMaker.org