GameGuy's Questlog Config Program [V 2.3] [Bug Fixes]

Started by mroedesigns, July 21, 2011, 02:35:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mroedesigns

July 21, 2011, 02:35:43 am Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:52:17 pm by mroedesigns

GG's Questlog
V 2.3 (Script Version 3.0)
Programmed by MRoeDesigns

About
Rewritten in Visual Studio 2010, slightly better UI, and bug fixes.

Screenshot
Spoiler: ShowHide

Download Link
Direct Link - V 2.3

Known Bugs
Quest IDs that are out of sequence (1, 2, 3, 12) may be erased, or moved to the first open ID. (1,2,3,4)

G_G

July 21, 2011, 02:57:10 am #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:58:44 am by game_guy
Very nice! *goes to add link* I love the compact layout. I'm actually going to be redoing my Quest script it'll have new features and stuff. I was thinking about doing a config program. Maybe instead you could just upgrade this one or something. I love it :3

EDIT: Its funny, I made a config app for another persons quest script too (for vx though) yet too lazy to do one for my script xD

mroedesigns

Thanks! Glad to see you like it :D

I was originally going to add a few options like changing the text displayed in the quest log, but I didn't really think it was necessary. When you upgrade, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to make a new one if people find it useful. I make configs for scripts like this a lot just to make it easier on myself, but this was the first one I thought others might actually use.

Taiine

Nice! Shame I don't use GG's quest long, but another that keeps thing's all together.
ie.
  Quest[0] = ["quest title","quest givers name","quest description","reward"]
  Quest[1] = ["quest title","quest givers name","quest description","reward"]
etc.

It was easier for me as GG's how everything is split I was mixing quests up when going back to edit some. >.>;;;

mroedesigns

Yup, that's the exact reason I made this script. Makes it easier than trying to find / change each part for a single quest in the script.

Taiine

That was his scrips only flaw and why I went with this other. I'd switch if he changed it but I already edited and customized this other and interrogated it into my game. ^^;

G_G

My new ones gonna be a lot better. :3

mroedesigns

G_G

2-4 weeks. Maybe earlier. It takes a lot to get me going.

Taiine

Here's someting to get you going.

I have 7 days before I poof. Get it done before then so I can enjoy it.

GET TO WORK.

mroedesigns

Quote from: game_guy on July 22, 2011, 01:07:50 am
2-4 weeks. Maybe earlier. It takes a lot to get me going.

I know the feeling. Like I said, let me know and I'll take a look at it  8)

Futendra

I get this error when trying to open it:

Component 'tabctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

mroedesigns

Using vista?

It's a VB file, you can download it if you want, google search it. Unfortunately this program was lost when my old laptop was stolen

Futendra

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 02:46:26 pm
Using vista?

It's a VB file, you can download it if you want, google search it. Unfortunately this program was lost when my old laptop was stolen

I am using Windows XP

mroedesigns

Version 2 is up. At the moment, there's probably a dll or two that I need to put in there, but I have no way to test what they would be. Let me know if you get any RTE's or anything like that.

A couple things not to do.

Dont try to load a list, if you haven't saved one yet.
Make sure to click an ID number before applying it, or an old one will likely be replaced.

G_G

Runs just fine for me, but then again I have all the runtime files and stuff already installed so I'm not sure if you'll need any other dlls.

mroedesigns

Good to know. No script errors either? I tested it of course, but you never know

G_G

mroedesigns

Thanks! Pretty simple really, only 4 subs :p one to apply data to the local array, one to get data from the array. One to save the array to a file, and one to load the file into the array. :D

Futendra

January 17, 2012, 03:47:28 am #19 Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:55:46 am by Futendra
Much love for this <3

I get an error: Script 'Quest Log' line 87: SyntaxError occurred.

Line 87 is:
    when 1 then return "Palace"

EDIT: When you generate the script, it generates it twice (probably if pushed twice)