[Finished] [RGSS] Viewport Zoom

Started by Blizzard, September 02, 2011, 05:28:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

September 02, 2011, 05:28:02 am Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:38:13 pm by Ryex
Viewport Zoom

Description

This is an advanced feature that RMXP never supported. It will allow to zoom into a viewport by a specified factor.

Priority

Low.

Prerequisites

None

Assigned

Blizzard

Everything else

This will allow a clean and easy way to make the infamous "tilemap zoom" work by simply assigning a viewport to that tilemap and then zooming into the viewport to actually zoom into the tilemap.
This task is basically here so I don't forget to implement it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

MarkHest

October 05, 2011, 11:03:29 am #2 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:05:03 am by MarkHest
What functions would be included with this Zoom Feuture. I've thought about it a bit and i've wondered how to work with it in the editor.

Is it only going to zoom towards the player or is it going to zoom towards an Event that you set yourself or maybe towards an X and Y on the map like a Scroll Map feuture?

Or will all three be avavible?

ForeverZer0

It will zoom the viewport, which I doubt will be a value to be changed in the editor. The viewport is basically a sprite that sets the display area for other sprites, so it won't really be zooming a player, since their viewport's size is the entire screen.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

In other words, we are allowing the use of zoom which RMXP did not, that's all. If somebody wants to make use of that zoom, they have to make a script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.