Now Taking Event Requests!

Started by AliveDrive, September 10, 2011, 12:55:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

September 10, 2011, 12:55:33 am Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:29:22 am by AliveDrive
The last topic for eventing requests seemed outdated.

I will be taking on simple requests (no scripting) for event systems for RMXP as I do not work with RMVX.

My general method involves brainstorming with vague ideas and then seeing what is actually possible.

SO! I would ask that you present your requests as concisely as possible. I will make up a rough draft of your idea and post them back in a timely manner.

Before posting, I would ask that you please make use of the search function to check that someone has not already done the work.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Is this what you had in mind Ryex?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

September 10, 2011, 01:06:21 am #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:12:27 am by Ryex
So your doing a event request service? well in that case, and considering the OP of the current sticky seems to have had his account deleted... *unstickys the current request topic and stickys this one*

I think it would be best if you prettied up the first post made the purpose clear and gave the system a bit of structure.

perhaps give the topic a name that makes it's purpose clear too.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

AliveDrive

Thanks Ryex, I'll get right on it.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

hyakkivn

Hi,
I need an event system that allow player take [Monster Killing Quest] that tell player how many monster that he must kill.
I tried to make one with variable but it seem that variable automatically adds and I took my reward after several talk without killing any monster.
P/S: I use the custom battle system (CCOA 3.04) with no random encounter.

AliveDrive

September 12, 2011, 01:05:04 pm #5 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:47:25 pm by AliveDrive
Ok, your request has been noted, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Is this what you were looking for?

http://db.tt/RBGoN5d

hyakkivn

Thanks Alive....
This one is a good one as well, but it is not what I am looking for. Because monster in my game will continually re-spawn, so I need a event system that add 1 unit to Variable until I kill enough.
I made an event that add 1 to a variable after each kill, but it seem to automatically add the number of monster killed even if I didn't do anything with that monster :(
Do you have any suggestion..?

AliveDrive

Due to the implementation of a custom battle system, I would hazard that this is beyond my grasp.

I don't know enough about the system, but I would guess that it could be achieved with light scripting.

Anyone else care to add suggestions?

AliveDrive

One request in 2 weeks.

:facepalm:

Someone can unsticky this.

ForeverZer0

I seen no problem with it remaining stickied. The one request you received is 50% of all event requests asked in the past 2 weeks on the forum, so keep that in mind.

If you still want it unstickied, that can be done, but don't think that this topic being here is worthless.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

We can leave it up. I am just discouraged by the lack of requests.

PhoenixFire

Well, if you would like, I need a new event system to handle bank functions. I would like a deposit, withdraw, and exchange system. The first two are self explanatory, but, what the exchange is, is that I wouold like the player to be able to trade a certain amount of gold for a gem. I can modify the exact names of the gold/coins, and the gem names later, but, it would help get my newest project back on track..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

AliveDrive

October 09, 2011, 03:49:43 pm #12 Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:57:23 pm by AliveDrive
@JanraeMendoza: I have tried to make it so that my character can fly in one game. The main problem I encountered was that passability caused too many issues to make this practical. For example, players going places I did not want them to. I tried to make it so that the fly ability could only be used certain places, but those places were too few in number to make the fly ability fun and useful.

If you are still interested however, I achieved this by making an item that when in the inventory and activated (Fly Ring was its test name, as it never became useful due to the aforementioned error.) would change actor graphic to a bird, speed increase, and set Through to ON. This can all be acheived using the set move route event command which I accessed using a common event on the item.

Hope you can find some use from this info and hopefully succeed where I failed.

@DigitalSoul

I have seen banking event systems with interest around before.

Here is one from rmrk's website. http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=14182.0

I am also aware of a multi-currency script. http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=2549&highlight=currency

Hope that helps.

EDIT: 600!

AliveDrive

I like it, it's functional. I don't see a need for facepalm here.

That's about as far as I got with it. My goal was to have the character find it later in game, and have you be able to revisit places from earlier in the game, similar to Pokemon.

AliveDrive

Once again, quoting pokemon.

You could make an item that allows the dive ability in certain places.

Just make a new "Underwater" map to dive to and make places to resurface. Presto.

I'm pretty sure there are swimming events around somewhere.

AliveDrive

Do you mean like spawning an event? I've considered that before, but I don't know how it would be done.

I believe it to be impossible without the help of some other system such as a custom ABS.

I happen to know there are several popular ones submitted by members of this very website.

I don't mean to play favorites but... 8)

The Amazing Link

Spoiler: ShowHide
*leaves without sword* *beats game anyways*

Blizzard

AliveDrive hasn't actually be active for a while so I don't think he'll see your post.

*unstickies topic to prevent further confusion*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.