Best comments found in code

Started by Blizzard, September 21, 2011, 10:59:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/184618/what-is-the-best-comment-in-source-code-you-have-ever-encountered?page=1&tab=votes#tab-top

While there are many Internet/meme/geek jokes in there, there are also many comments that would make the average person laugh as well. xD I definitely recommend it for a good laugh. You don't have to go through all the 18 pages.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->LOL @
Quotestop(); // Hammertime!

:rofl:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

September 21, 2011, 03:05:48 pm #2 Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:12:37 pm by Blizzard
LMAO!

Quote// A Gorgon class - For the love of Zeus don't look directly at it!

EDIT: :rofl:

v.bpc     := v.pc;  -- Remember to jump back
v.baccu   := accu;  -- Yo dawg, heard you like runing instructions
                   -- so I took backup of your accu so you can run
                   -- instructions while you run instructions.
v.flags.i := false; -- No more interupts

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I now have the urge to make humorous comments in ARC's source
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

ForeverZer0

Same, lol.

I only read a few pages so far, but some of them are hilarious. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I read them all. The later ones are barely funny anymore or start repeating. I'd say once you get past the Yo Dawg comment that I posted, the rest isn't so funny anymore.

legacyblade

I used to do this in my collage classes. lol. Never knew other people liked to make jokes and references in their comments. A professor even chewed me out for it once. lol.

Blizzard

September 26, 2011, 02:32:19 am #8 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:33:35 am by Blizzard
Ever since I read this, I started adding my own comments from time to time. xD Here's one from the other day:

// this is actually a useless and unnecessary class, but my OCD would go haywire otherwise

It's about a class that basically just inherits another class and passes on a parameter to the superclass's constructor.

Code: Dialog.h
#ifndef MENU_OVERLAY_DIALOG_H
#define MENU_OVERLAY_DIALOG_H

#include <hltypes/hmap.h>
#include <hltypes/hstring.h>
#include <scedge/MenuDialog.h>

namespace Menu
{
namespace Overlay
{
// this is actually a useless and unnecessary class, but my OCD would go haywire otherwise
class Dialog : public scedge::MenuDialog
{
public:
Dialog();
~Dialog();

protected:
SCEDGE_DECLARE_INPUT(Dialog);

};

}
}
#endif

Code: Dialog.cpp
#include <hltypes/harray.h>
#include <hltypes/hmap.h>
#include <hltypes/hstring.h>
#include <scedge/SceneManager.h>

#include "Menu/Overlay/Dialog.h"

namespace Menu
{
namespace Overlay
{
SCEDGE_DEFINE_INPUT(Dialog, scedge::MenuDialog)
/****************************************************************************************
* Construct/Destruct
****************************************************************************************/

Dialog::Dialog() : scedge::MenuDialog("menu/overlay/dialog")
{
}

Dialog::~Dialog()
{
}

}
}

This could have been done the same way without the class, but every "overlay menu" that I use has a subclass like this.