Sorry for being lazy for so long.

Started by ForeverZer0, September 25, 2011, 11:32:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

I just wanted to apologize for my few months of not contributing a damn thing to ARC.  I just recently starting working on this again as you all know, and the more I get into it, the worse I feel for being lazy for so long. I just want to state for the record that it will not happen again, and I plan to remain committed to this project until it is done. That means no more starting other side-projects to distract me, they are all going to the back-burner while ARC is still in development.

Once again, I am sorry.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

September 25, 2011, 12:00:21 pm #1 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:05:57 pm by game_guy
I should be more sorry. You've all contributed way more than I have. I think the only thing I did was implement some filler methods in the engine. I did start working with some python and the syntax is starting to make sense. I can't get out of the habit of putting a closing "end" after each branch though.

EDIT:
I do wish I would have done more over the summer though. I'm getting swamped with homework and I have hardly anytime to even do anything productive on the computer.

Blizzard

September 25, 2011, 02:33:11 pm #2 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:35:04 pm by Blizzard
I understand if you won't put all your free time into ARC, I'm not putting all my free time into ARC myself. But you should put some time aside to work on it. After all, this isn't just some small side project or personal project that you can work on whenever you want. Sure, we don't have any precise deadlines, but that doesn't mean that we can just let the project stay there for several months. This is a team project and it's a project that's commercial and with a potential of a big community behind it which means you have a certain degree of responsibility.

It's true that I didn't do much during July and August on ARC myself (I was busy with my personal life), but that's why I invested so much time before July. Actually it's the other way around: Since I invested so much time before, I decided that I can take on other things in life while you guys work on the editor.

It would be really nice to see some more dedication from you. I am just glad that you are realizing your own mistakes. I would hate to have to make a post and complain about stuff not getting done. I know that Ryex is putting a lot more time into it than you two, but if you two together would put the same amount of time that Ryex does, I believe that we can easily have the first release somewhere in November. Again, nobody expects you to put all your free time into this, but we want to see more dedication from you. e.g. Today I spent all day playing Treasure of the Rudras instead of coding on ARC, but yesterday I've spent many hours working on it (even though this time it was a bit senseless because the bug I was hunting was actually simple to fix so I probably wasted 2 hours for nothing). 2 weeks ago I spent 2 days (my weekend) working on it after work and last week I spent a day on it. You get the idea.

@G_G: Summer can be a bitch. You think you will get loads of shit done and so on, but when the summer comes, you want to rest a bit from everything and do nothing. I felt similar. I didn't get much done over the summer, that's why I am working on it these days. You should do the same.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I put in about 5-8 hours of work every 3-5 days. or try too at least. I find it more fun and productive than playing minecraft or anything else for that matter, so I find it easier to not waist my time that i could be using for the project on things like that.
there was about 5 months where I wasn't doing anything that started just a month after ARC started.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />