[Finished] [ARCed] Dialogs Layout

Started by ForeverZer0, September 25, 2011, 04:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

September 25, 2011, 04:24:28 pm Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:18:39 am by Blizzard
Dialogs Layout

Description

There are many different dialogs the editor uses. These need lain out using wxFormBuilder just like the Database panels. All classes need to follow the same naming conventions and have events bound to them to be overridden in their derived classes.

Priority

Medium. They will provide much of the actual functionality to the editor.

Prerequisites

None.

Assigned

ForeverZer0

Everything else

Simply follow the same conventions found in this task.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ForeverZer0

I realize the full version of ARC will be lain out slightly different, but while working on the first RMXP emulator version of it, I have been making some very minor alterations here and there. I'm currently doing the Event Commands dialog, and I thought it could use a little reorganization, so I gave it a whirl. I kinda want some opinions because I realize that not everyone will be on the same page about this. Here's some screenshots of the dialog in action, tell me what you think:

Page 1: ShowHide

Page 2: ShowHide

Page 3: ShowHide

(Don't mind the bland theme I'm using at the moment...)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

you should actually make that a panel not a dialog. I'm planing on redesigning the event editor to a drag and drop interface for even the first version of ARCed witch won't use a dialog. even the common event panel in the database will use this new editor.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

The dialog is really just a frame with a panel as the parent that I can copy everything out of in 1 second to make it a Panel.

nathmatt

just a thought but in VX they actually removed the wait moves complete button and added a check box in the move route command
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Ryex

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on September 27, 2011, 07:31:29 pm
The dialog is really just a frame with a panel as the parent that I can copy everything out of in 1 second to make it a Panel.

ok then :)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Woot-woot, finally finished! (God-damn there are a lot of dialogs in the editor...)

Moving this one to Finished Tasks. Will commit in a bit once I do some double-checking everything is there.

Spaceman McConaughey

Reives

:~

ForeverZer0

I'll make a quick video sometime for our Youtube/Facebook pages, and here.
Nothing special about them really, they are just resizable versions of RMXP's windows for the most part. These will be used in the first release or "Legacy" version of ARC, but ARC's full version will have some large changes/additions made to them for the new system.