[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check if you can change \move by renaming the event dynamically.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on October 30, 2015, 01:50:24 am
Check if you can change \move by renaming the event dynamically.

Would that reset the hp and such?

Blizzard

It shouldn't if you just remove the \move part or add it back again.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

It does reset the hp also once it's removed the enemy moves around of its own accord.

Ah well...  I suppose there are limits.

winkio

There's probably a script call you can use to turn the /move flag on and off so that you don't have to rename the event.  I don't have RMXP or any Blizz-ABS code on my current laptop, but if you search for the flag, you should be able to find it.

RoseSkye

def move_random(number = 1)
    case rand(8)
    when 0 then number.times {move_down(0)}
    when 1 then number.times {move_left(0)}
    when 2 then number.times {move_right(0)}
    when 3 then number.times {move_up(0)}
    when 4 then number.times {move_lower_left}
    when 5 then number.times {move_upper_left}
    when 6 then number.times {move_lower_right}
    when 7 then number.times {move_upper_right}
    end
  end

This may be it.

winkio

nope.  Try searching for
move'
(with the ending quote).  Should be in Blizz-ABS part 2 I think.

RoseSkye

move = true if event.name.clone.gsub!('\\move') {''}

winkio

October 31, 2015, 01:53:12 am #5368 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:02:28 pm by winkio
That's the right part I was thinking of, but it looks like we have to trace the code a little farther.  I don't remember exactly, but there should either be more code a bit further down that deals with the move flag, or it is passed to the Map_Enemy constructor in part 3.  I'll have to download the code and take a look tomorrow.

EDIT: A day late, but it ended up being in the Map_Enemy constructor:
@move_flag = !move

you will have to make a quick edit to part 3, changing line 3167 from
attr_reader   :move_flag

to
attr_accessor :move_flag

and then you should just need a script call to set the flag, I think it should be
$game_map.events[ID].move_flag = true

where ID is the ID of the event.  Also, the script call will be opposite the flag, so setting it to false will turn the \move flag on, and true will turn it off.

Ronivan

Sir I would like to know if I could use my controller on Blizz ABS. The only things I've found was for RMX-OS, which is not what I'm looking for. Its possible to use my controller in this system?

G_G

Just ship Joy2Key with your game. It's the easiest way to add gamepad controls to RMXP games.
http://joytokey.net/en/

Ronivan

November 03, 2015, 07:22:27 pm #5371 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:26:46 pm by Ronivan
Thanks but unfortunately I have found a major problem, which is my special multi frame script, for my animations. You see I use Ragnarok Online sprites for both characters and enemies, Blizz ABS don't allow me to use
my custom multi frame script made by KK20. Both ABS and my frame script conflicts. Its too bad, I thought I was going to like this ABS system, but at least died before I we wasted effort on it. Its a shame it fails in something so simple as a sprite frames animations limit.

Zexion

Quote from: Ronivan on November 03, 2015, 07:22:27 pm
Its a shame it fails in something so simple as a sprite frames animations limit.

ouch, this guy...
I think you might be talking about my script xD unless kk20 has made secret multi frame scripts behind my back >.>
Anywho, I've gotten them to work together before, but it was kinda ghetto so i just deleted xD I'll look into making them work again, but for now, slow ur role speed racer -_-

KK20

Just look at his previous topics from a couple years back.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13341.msg177408.html => Asking for multi-frames script that I provided a quick edit for
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13654.msg180221.html => Asking why multi-frames doesn't work in Blizz-ABS
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13662.msg180268.html => Requesting for multi-frames compatible with Blizz-ABS that YOU replied to

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Well make it work then nigga u slakin'
:V

KK20

False: you replied that you would have made a script for him since you had one planned. It is YOU who shouldn't be the one "slackin'".
V:

Other Projects

danleon950410

Uhh guys, i'm sure this counts as necropost, so much it might be illegal. But i'll risk it because i don't want to nag with any other threads just for simple dumb questions. And what better place than the official support thread.

I've been working with the ABS four months now. Ultra-noob in scripting, RGSS in any way, but i've carried on with my english skills. Also have in mind that if i'm asking it means that i didn't found the info to clear my doubts.
But i have no idea where to start when it comes to 3 small things:
>Where can i change the enemy health bar from green to red?
>Where can i change the font used for the enemy/player damage points? (the numbers that pop, i think even when a healing item is used) Or is it the same general font the game uses?
>How can i simulate damage on the player so the damage points show up? I can be done with the maker commands but the damage points won't pop up, obviously

I feel really dumb for asking. This isn't something serious but it would greatly help the asthetics of my game.
Help is appreciated. Thank you and have a good day

Trias

Hi all,

How do I use varibles by killing enemys?
I tried to search for it, but didn't found, what I Need.

My Problem:
Before using the Blizz ABS Script, I used conditional Branch to add a random drop and also a variable which Count after killing an enemy.

Spoiler: ShowHide
@Battle Processing: Ghost
:If Win
   @Conditional Branch: Switch [0096: Hills] == On
      @Control Variables: [0010: G1] += 1
    : Else
      @>Control Variables [0004: Level 9 Drop] =  Random No. (1...10)

But now, I can't use Event Commands like this, because there is no Battle process, but Action battle battle system

The Control Variables (or enemy Counter) is used for open gates, by reaching a certain number of that variable

KK20

All event commands in enemy events run by default when it is killed. Remove the battle processing in your example and it should work.

Other Projects

Trias

April 16, 2017, 01:51:38 am #5379 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:21:41 am by Trias
Thank you so much - I thought I has to use a conditional branch with enemy "knockout" and tried it as well. But failed.
I always try complicate things, instead doing the easy way...

thank you very much