[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyliash

its possible to add more players? i mean, for example the game have 2 or more players on the same screen with different bottons of the keyboard?

KK20

As far as I'm aware, no. It was a planned feature for later updates, but winkio dropped support for a few years now, so it's never going to happen most likely. Your best bet would be to use RMX-OS in conjunction, but there are going to be problems still.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kyliash

May 12, 2017, 03:46:41 pm #5382 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:53:28 pm by Kyliash
I have nothing to lose but, what it may be a problem?

Edit: I read the post of the rmx-os proyect, but is not what Im looking but thanks :)

KK20

It's just the way how the two scripts work together. One player "hosts" the map while others connect to it. All the event processing is handled on this host while the other clients are simulated in a sense. Since the connection is handled with TCP sockets, you won't get as smooth of a gameplay experience. Some features of Blizz-ABS are disabled as well. Honestly, it's easier to understand if you know how networked games actually worked.

If you just want to make a game for fun, then there's nothing wrong with trying it out.

Other Projects

Kyliash

I readed what Blizz ABS have on it and i see the Ally option, and it says that we can make this "Ally" act by commands so assuming if i tell the game pressing x button the "Ally" will do something X, right? so that can be similar as a second player.

KK20

That's for AI-controlled party members. Completely different from 2 players.

Other Projects

Kyliash

then if I make a event and make a call script with the skills of the player?

KK20

If you can implement a legit 2 player without networking, I will honestly praise you as a god.

Other Projects

LiTTleDRAgo

@Kyliash; WhiteFlute's Input EX script features joypad for 2P, if you can replace custom control in BABS with that maybe you can do it.

Kyliash

Thanks both of u for the information! If I can made this I will Showing you how and maybe we can add a new actualization of the script.

Blizzard

Your biggest challenge is actually the fact that a lot of keyboards have a limit to how many keys you can keep pressed at once.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

almog99

Guys need your help again , anyone have an idea how do i start a "waves" enemies system ?
Like after x enemies killed wait x seconds and then start a stronger wave of enemies come , but what i look for is not to do each wave manually , i want a system to just scale up the enemies each time because i want around 100 waves lol ...
even if only manual is the solution i still cannot figure a way to do it flawlessly without changing map each wave so i will glad if someone will show me a way here .
Thanks alot !!!
Dragon Ball Z Another Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOi4sUPsDw

Sin86

Been a long time since I have touched RPG Maker but I want to know, how do I run a Parallel Process on an event that is tagged as an enemy. If it is any other event, it will function as it should but if set onto an enemy, nothing. Basically, I want to run a common event onto an enemy and I'm trying to set the common event on the enemy page as a Parallel Process but it won't work.

KK20

Fairly certain that enemy events need to have an explicitly defined trigger (see 4.3.8 in help manual) in order to run an event (IOW, you can't use any of the 5 event page triggers in the editor window). Looking at the list of triggers, Autorun and Parallel Process do not exist.

You should explain what it is you're trying to do because it can probably be done in a better way.

Other Projects

sowi3

Hey Guys is it possible to set an event so that after the enemy dies the character starts talking? or I wanted to make it so that when the character gets hitten there pops up a text. How do I do that?

KK20

Commands inside an enemy event are executed immediately on death. As for when an actor is hit, maybe do a common event that is a parallel process. Conditional branch checks if actors hp is less than what it previously was.

Other Projects

sowi3

How to do that? I know how to do self switches to stop event from repeating itself but thats about it?

Blizzard

It's better to trigger a switch on death and have another auto-start event use that switch as precondition.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

sowi3

Wow im so slow i dont get why both of you are saying to me  :wacko:

KK20

Maybe you should learn how to use the basics of RPG Maker first before you start jumping into scripts :uhm:

Other Projects