[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasedscar

go into the script database and then right click > instert
name the new tab that just came up and then go to the Blizz-ABS .txt files and ctrl-A, ctrl-C

Go back to the database and click on your new tab, click inside the script window and ctrl-V

Rinse and repeate for the rest.  Just make sure they're in order..  It should look a little like

QuoteBlizz-ABS page 1
Blizz-ABS page 2
Blizz-ABS page 3
Main
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

A13x from RMRK

and thats what u name the scripts?

Aqua

March 24, 2008, 05:40:30 pm #262 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:42:28 pm by TerreAqua
The Names of the scripts don't really matter but it is helpful to name it somewhere along the lines of Blizz-ABS Pt 1-3 to keep track of it.

1) Blizz-ABS is now to be used as 3-parted script to separate configuration settings and
functional code. Insert part 2 and 3 directly below part 1 and the system should work
without problems. Part 1 is for configurations only while the other parts are the actual code.
This Blizz-ABS version will corrupt savegames that used an older version!

Taken from the Manual.

A13x again.

i did what that quote said but it comes up with an error:

Script 'abs part 2' line: 3096: NameError occured.
uninitialized constant BlizzABS::Config

how do i fix that?

A13x yet again!

OMG i dont believe it!
all that over 1 little mistake:
i put the scripts in the wrong order: 321 instead of 123...
it works now yay!

Aqua

Lol okay.  Glad it works now :D

Phasedscar

I still have to figure out how come I can't turn back on the HUD after using
$game_system.hud = false
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Instead of
$game_system.hud = false

try
$game_system.hud =
false

Yes, it DOES matter.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Phasedscar

ahh, seems like such a simple thing but it's working a lot better.

Thanks Blizzard, dunno where I'd be on this project without ya  ;D

Memor-X

i don't know if this problem has been reported or fixed, i upgraded to the newer version of Blizz ABS, i start a new game but when i hit enter, the message box doesn't chnage while when i hit enter in the title menu or the Game menu, it works fine

also, i would like to know how i can make a skill that teleports the target to a random passible position on the current map, like if your surrounded by enemies and you use this skill either on yourself to get out of a tight spot or even on your enemies to get the more powerful ones away for just a little while, if that makes any sense

shdwlink1993

That's probably because Blizz-ABS automatically changes the controls. So OK would be H instead of Enter by default.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

nathmatt

lol dont know about enemies but i kinda have 1 for ur char sorta

just make a skill that uses a common event make 2 events that stores a random number in a var call 1 x and 1 y the make 1  to store the map id in 1 too
the just use the teleport command but tell it to use ur 3 var's tried it works but has alot of bugs because of the fact of kepping you from landing on inpassibe tiles
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

March 28, 2008, 06:14:10 am #272 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 06:15:27 am by Blizzard
I agree, you should make it with a skill that calls a common event.
And yeah, Blizz-ABS changes the controls.

Ok, now to the news...

Blizz-ABS 1.97

What's new?

• Fixed crash bug  when using Easy Party Switcher and adding a new party member somewhere else than the end of the party.
  • Fixed crash bug when using battleflow commands in forced movement.
  • Fixed bug where using no screen tint in the menu could cause a crash.
  • Fixed bug where beams skills would hit only one target.
  • Fixed bug with enemy/map object passability.
  • Fixed bug where assigned Right CTRL would be treated as Left CTRL.
  • Fixed problem with explosion detection caused by a typing mistake.
  • Fixed glitch where the player wouldn't be animated if being an animated character.
  • Fixed glitch where projectiles would have the status effect animation of their creators and characters would have a double status effect animation.
  • Added possibility to disable various Blizz-ABS buttons and updated "3.2.7. Blizz-ABS Controls Manipulation". Now running, sneaking and jumping are disabled differently!
  • Added possibility to rename events in-game and added "3.2.11. Renaming events".
  • Updated "3.2.4. Accessing the Keyboard".
  • Improved the way the caterpillar works.
  • Improved Blizz-ABS overall performance.
  • Name option \map was changed to \nomap to prevent confusion with the \m command that freezes movement.
  • Enemy passability is now set up differently. "Through" enemies can now walk over anything. You can use that to create flying enemies and/or ghost-like enemies.
  • Terrain tags are now disabled in mid-air (while jumping). This affects map battler types only (objects, critters, enemies, actors, projectiles, etc.)
  • Status effects now only go away if "Release after battle end" is turned on, otherwise the status effects stay all the time and updated "3.2.9. Blizz-ABS Status Effects".
  • Supports now Auto-Revive Status Effect from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now HP/SP Absorb Skill from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now SP Damage Skill from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now Destructor Skill from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now fully SP Cost Mod Status Effect from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now Doom Status Effect from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Supports now Blue Magic Skill from Tons of Add-ons.
  • Displays now AP requirement in the control assigment menu when using EQUAP Skills from Tons of Add-ons.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nathmatt

first new v1.97 bug

if $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 5.4 &&
$game_system.DOOM_STATUS && DOOM_TIMER_VISIBLE

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Use the newest version of Tons. "Doom Skill" is now "Doom Status".

Aqua

nathmatt

im using version 6.2 already & doom status is set to false
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Aqua

Quote from: nathmatt on March 28, 2008, 04:22:49 pm
im using version 6.2 already & doom status is set to false

I get the same bug when I'm in a map with no enemies.

Blizzard

March 28, 2008, 04:26:08 pm #278 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:31:00 pm by Blizzard
*smacks forehead*

I put up a fixed version. -_- I'll check that bug, give me a moment.

EDIT: What's the error message? -_-

Aqua