[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TLarch

July 25, 2008, 06:33:30 pm #520 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:37:16 pm by TLarch
 :hm:  Hmmm.... I am using v1.98.  Nevertheless, I am going to try the snippet somewhere, and if it gives me errors I'll just pull it back out.

Edit:  No difference.  I may be putting the code in the wrong place (I tried making a new code page just before ABS Part 1.)

Aqua

Spoiler: ShowHide
class Interpreter

alias cmd_231_blizzabs_later command_231
  def command_231
    if $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
      flag, $game_temp.in_battle = $game_temp.in_battle, false
    end
    result = cmd_231_blizzabs_later
    $game_temp.in_battle = flag if $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
    return result
  end

alias cmd_232_blizzabs_later command_232
  def command_232
    end
    result = cmd_232_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_233_blizzabs_later command_233
  def command_233
    end
    result = cmd_233_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_234_blizzabs_later command_234
  def command_234
    end
    result = cmd_234_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_235_blizzabs_later command_235
  def command_235
    end
    result = cmd_235_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

end

class Game_Screen

alias upd_blizzabs_later update
  def update
    end
    upd_blizzabs_later
  end

end

I put that right under Blizz-ABS part 3 and it works perfectly for me.

TLarch

Just tried that.  And I also tried removing the Tons of Add-ons.  No luck.  I'm going to keep trying to figure out what happened since it worked correctly before.

Aqua

What other scripts are you using and in what order?

TLarch

None.  I don't really plan on going hardcore with details, I just like how ABS works, so I decided to take a crack at creating a game, really just for personal use probably.  The only thing added before the ABS code is the Interpreter fix Blizzard gave me for the picture problem.

Aqua

That fix goes AFTER Blizz-ABS... lol

TLarch

The interpreter one?!  Drat!  I put it with the Interpreter codes.  No wonder it never worked the way it should have.

I never know where these codes are supposed to go.

Hmm... nothing fixed in regards to the enemy attacking again.

mojobo1

July 25, 2008, 07:30:40 pm #527 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:32:33 pm by mojobo1
What version should I use? I want the best one, but if its really buggy, then I want the one with the least bugs, but the best out of the versions..

I might just be saying something stupid, I don't know ANYthing about coding. And I just thought this looked weird..

In red.. is it supposed to be "sound"? or is it just some weird thing that I know nothing about?
P.S., it's near the very bottom of the script.

# if B is pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # play cancel cound
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # set active
      @active = true
      # item window is not active
      @item_window.active = false

TLarch

Quote from: mojobo1 on July 25, 2008, 07:30:40 pm
What version should I use? I want the best one, but if its really buggy, then I want the one with the least bugs, but the best out of the versions..

I might just be saying something stupid, I don't know ANYthing about coding. And I just thought this looked weird..

In red.. is it supposed to be "sound"? or is it just some weird thing that I know nothing about?
P.S., it's near the very bottom of the script.

# if B is pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # play cancel cound
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # set active
      @active = true
      # item window is not active
      @item_window.active = false

Should be sound, but doesn't matter.  Code with # on the left is ignored.  Thats all I know about coding.

Aqua

Always get the latest version... which right now is 1.98

And yeah, that should be "sound" but it's a typo.  Besides, it's just a comment so it doesn't affect the script.

mojobo1

July 25, 2008, 07:39:53 pm #530 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:59:56 pm by mojobo1
Ok, but one more thing.. what's "Blizz-ABS Config 1.92"? If it's nothing I need to use or whatever, then just tell me I don't need it.. I just don't want to miss anything.  :^_^':

Starrodkirby86

It's not essential, but it's a very helpful tool to configure the Blizz-ABS. That's all I really know. I think eventually Blizzard is going to pimp it up just like how he's dealing with the ABS items. Now, I'm no Blizz-ABS expert. It may be better to get a finalized answer from Aqua or Blizzard, the two ABS junkies I know of...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

You know how you set up stuff in the RMXP database? Well, Blizz-ABS Config allows setting up the configuration of Blizz-ABS in a similar way. Then you simply generate the configuration script instead of editing it manually. And no, I'm not going to pimp it up, it already IS a pimp up of the way you configure stuff in Blizz-ABS. xD

@TLarch: It pretty much doesn't matter where you put the scripts. It only has to be between Interpreter 7 and Main, that's all that matters. I don't know why it doesn't work with you, I've corrected all problems that occured: The 5 calls from the event directly and the update of the screen so pictures can move, rotate, etc. Have you tried putting it right above Main? And have you read this topic already?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mojobo1

I'm having trouble with the Config. I open it up, and I get an error message (pic below). I click "continue", and it works just fine, except when I try to do anything that I need a image/spritesheet for (like, skill, weapons, items, etc). I click on one of the options, and the message comes up again.
Also, there's no images in weapons, items, skill, any of those. Is that an error, or am I supposed to enter the images myself (how do I enter my own images?)?
I had .NET framework 1.0, so I un-installed it, then installed 2.0.
I went to Microsoft's .NET framework website, and I saw 3.0, should I install this?

(... Is there no way to just browse your computer for a image from this website, while making a post, without uploading it from a image host? I forgot what its called.. Though I've used it a million times on a different forum)
Error message:

Besides that, it works just fine! I can attack with the default sword attack, the enemy does what its supposed to, and it's awesome, I love it!

Thanks. :D

TLarch

Here's kind of a large request...

If any of you guys have time (and I understand if you don't), I can give you my game files I'm working with.  I can make the starting map just you and an enemy for easy testing.  I really have no idea why the monsters are not working.  I even recopied the ABS scripting to make sure they were right and I didn't accidentally remove a line someplace.

Aqua

Could you explain how they aren't working and post your enemy config part of part 1 here  (in spoilers of course).

Blizzard

July 26, 2008, 06:23:44 am #536 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:26:07 am by Blizzard
Quote from: mojobo1 on July 26, 2008, 01:17:56 am
I'm having trouble with the Config. I open it up, and I get an error message (pic below). I click "continue", and it works just fine, except when I try to do anything that I need a image/spritesheet for (like, skill, weapons, items, etc). I click on one of the options, and the message comes up again.
Also, there's no images in weapons, items, skill, any of those. Is that an error, or am I supposed to enter the images myself (how do I enter my own images?)?
I had .NET framework 1.0, so I un-installed it, then installed 2.0.
I went to Microsoft's .NET framework website, and I saw 3.0, should I install this?

Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you mean, there is nothing image related in the config application (except for the Enemies' projectile spriteset). And I'd need the full error message of the application (click on details, copy paste and post).

It doesn't matter which you install, 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. It's only important that it's 2.0 or higher.

Quote from: mojobo1 on July 26, 2008, 01:17:56 am
(... Is there no way to just browse your computer for a image from this website, while making a post, without uploading it from a image host? I forgot what its called.. Though I've used it a million times on a different forum)

Yes, attachments are possible with the SMF forum engine. But this host is giving me only 250 MB of space so I can't enable them.

Quote from: TLarch on July 26, 2008, 01:57:55 am
Here's kind of a large request...

If any of you guys have time (and I understand if you don't), I can give you my game files I'm working with.  I can make the starting map just you and an enemy for easy testing.  I really have no idea why the monsters are not working.  I even recopied the ABS scripting to make sure they were right and I didn't accidentally remove a line someplace.

Lol, I thought you were going to ask for a huge feature. Here's a new project which is working fine. Replace all the files with yours (EXCEPT Scripts.rxdata, MapInfos.rxdata and all maps!) and try if it works. If yes, replace MapInfos.rxdata and the map files. If it still works on one of your maps, copy-paste the custom script slots from your old project to the new one. If it doesn't work, make a copy of your game, open that project and delete all maps except one. In this one map add some enemies and see if it works. If it doesn't, zip that project and send it to me. I'll find the problem myself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9d0t39

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mojobo1

July 26, 2008, 12:00:41 pm #537 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:09:03 pm by mojobo1
Yeah, sorry. I knew I should have entered the details too, but I was about to fall asleep, so I decided I'd do it today.
Better explanation of when the message comes up: If I go to the tab "Blizz-ABS Weapons", "skills,", "items", "enemies", or "Animations and sprite control", and click on something in there, the message comes up (Actually, it doesnt happen if I click on anything, just some things.) For example, I go to "Blizz-ABS Weapons", I click "Weapon type" (fine so far), then if I click on one of the options (Sword, spear, flail, boomerang, etc.) and it gets the error message. In "Animations and sprite control", it only comes up if I hit "reset".

Also, when I hit the red X button (to close the config), that message comes up again. I have to click "quit" on the error message, then it comes up again, I have to click quit again, then about a minute later it shuts down, saying there was a problem and it needed to close.

The details in error message:

QuoteSee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at BlizzABS.Forms.WinConfig.applyAnimationsConfiguration()
   at BlizzABS.Forms.WinConfig.resetAnimationsConfiguration()
   at BlizzABS.Forms.WinConfig.resetAnimations_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Blizz-ABS Config
    Assembly Version: 1.9.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.9.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Owner/Desktop/Blizz-ABS%20Config.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks.

Note: I won't be on all day today (well I'll probably be getting back around 7:00-8:00 PM).
Gonna watch da Dark Knight today too! WEWTY. :roll:  :ninja:

TLarch

July 26, 2008, 12:27:45 pm #538 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:10:42 pm by TLarch
I got my results after step one, moving everything over except my maps and scripts.

I will create a .zip with my game.

EDIT: Blizzard,

I'm compressing it into a .rar if thats alright.

No doubleposting within 24 hours. ^_^ ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Blizzard

July 26, 2008, 09:43:51 pm #539 Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:32:19 am by Blizzard
Yes, it's fine. I'll look into it tomorrow.

EDIT: @mojobo1: Are you using Blizz-ABS Config 1.92?