[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

god blizz i feel sexier already! congrat to everyone who isn't me and gives a sh*t-doodle j/k

Memor-X

August 05, 2008, 07:29:53 pm #601 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:41:04 pm by Memor-X
i'm back, here's what was in the trace.txt file

#<Game_Player:0x3c91c38>

EDIT: also, just downloaded and extracted 1.99, like how now the user manual is a help file, problem is that when i opened it, firstly i got a popup saying about an unknown publisher, that's fine (security thing) but when i opened it i get this on the page

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:
     Retype the address.

then when i chnage to a differnt topic, it get a blank page, for everything, i checked them all

Blizzard

August 05, 2008, 08:44:20 pm #602 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:45:20 pm by Blizzard
-_- Just great, somehow your Windows is being a total bitch. Anyway, here's the HTML version.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vnn2zt

I think that error is coming up because you have a script below Blizz-ABS that modifies the Game_Player class. Are your scripts in the right order?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Phasedscar

August 05, 2008, 09:08:22 pm #603 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:34:38 pm by Phasedscar
Woot, I got mentioned in the special thanks!  lol.  BTW, awesome job so far Blizz, can't wait for the ally AI to be implimented  :haha:

Edit:  By the by, found a minor bug with the Configure, the tooltips to describe the options is showing up as just a blank.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

August 05, 2008, 10:26:45 pm #604 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:39:59 pm by Blizzard
That's weird. Does it happen with every tooltip?

EDIT: Crap, I think I know what's wrong. I use a different window skin. I must've set the text to a color that is in the original almost or exactly the same as the background. I'll fix that right away.

EDIT: I was right. The fixed version will be up within a minute.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

August 05, 2008, 11:10:17 pm #605 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:11:19 pm by Sin86
Got 2 errors, one of them has a message, the other does not.

The one with the message:

"Script 'Game_Party' line 131:TypeError Occurred.

nil can't be coerced into Fixnum"

This is in 1.99 and I did not even touch the Game_Party script at all. It happens when right when an enemy is almost dead and you are about to give it the final blow.

The one without the message:

If you try to walk onto an event thats player touched or event touched, its as if you can't walk on it at all. It's like an invisible wall is there, this is also in 1.99.

I did encounter an error with the config tool but then I reinstalled .net and it was fixed.

Phasedscar

August 06, 2008, 12:18:04 am #606 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:19:46 am by Phasedscar
I had a problem like that until I changed around the script order.  Make sure Tons is above Blizz-ABS if you're using, as well as Stormtronics.

I do have to say though, I'm highly impressed with the changes so far Blizz, they're pretty damn amazing.  I'm reworking my database to take advantage of some of the new features.

Also, found an error with opening saved configuration files.  If you have custom commands up, it doesn't change the display to accurately display the right commands.  However it doesn't reset them or anything, just displays them as the defaults.

Edit:  I was also wondering if there was a way for me to check to see if I was in the ABSEAL range of mobs.  I want to be able to set a common event to be able to change the music if there's enemies nearby, with a fade-in, then when the ABSEAL disables I can set up a fade-out with the memorized music.

Also, a suggestion for a possible future change:  Why not make enemy radii? I mean a radius around a monster that you can hit them in, that way you can have large sprites that don't feel awkward when you try to attack them.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Sin86

It happens even if you already have Tons in first and the ABS second, you still get that error that I mention.

Peter16321

hey blizzard i have tested u'r abs with all 3 parts of toon of add-on's as i started the game it all crushed it says (wrong argument (1 for 0)) so i deleted it after i was testing the enemies it crushed again by killing an enemie (Script is hanging)

Blizzard

August 06, 2008, 06:51:01 am #609 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:31:58 am by Blizzard
Peter, are your scripts in the right order? -_-

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Quote from: Sin86 on August 05, 2008, 11:10:17 pm
"Script 'Game_Party' line 131:TypeError Occurred.

nil can't be coerced into Fixnum"

This is in 1.99 and I did not even touch the Game_Party script at all. It happens when right when an enemy is almost dead and you are about to give it the final blow.

It's a little mistake by me. It happens if your enemy doesn't drop gold. I'll fix that in a few minutes an put up a fixed version.

Quote from: Sin86 on August 05, 2008, 11:10:17 pm
If you try to walk onto an event thats player touched or event touched, its as if you can't walk on it at all. It's like an invisible wall is there, this is also in 1.99.

I just tried a few things with such events and I had no problems whatsoever. What event commands are you using? What did you set EVENT_LOCK to? And which pixel movement rate are you using?

Quote from: Phasedscar on August 06, 2008, 12:18:04 am
Also, found an error with opening saved configuration files.  If you have custom commands up, it doesn't change the display to accurately display the right commands.  However it doesn't reset them or anything, just displays them as the defaults.

I'll fix that as well. Yes, the display just doesn't get refreshed, nothing else.

Edit:  I was also wondering if there was a way for me to check to see if I was in the ABSEAL range of mobs.  I want to be able to set a common event to be able to change the music if there's enemies nearby, with a fade-in, then when the ABSEAL disables I can set up a fade-out with the memorized music.

Sure. You can use "$game_map.events[ID].update?" which will return true or false depending on whether you have that event in range or not. But I rather suggest that you set the setting "Disable Blizz-ABS when enemies are out of ABSEAL range" and use "$game_temp.in_battle" because this should work seemlessly.

Also, a suggestion for a possible future change:  Why not make enemy radii? I mean a radius around a monster that you can hit them in, that way you can have large sprites that don't feel awkward when you try to attack them.

I was already asked about that feature and most probably I will not. The problem is that for making that possible I first have to make enemy sizes which could increase lag heavily due to the passability check and most probably render Blizz-ABS incompatible with many other scripts. It's difficult to predict how exactly it would affect the system.

Phasedscar

I use the "Disable Blizz-ABS when out of ABSEAL range" anyway so that's not a problem.  Thanks for the code Blizzard.

Didn't realize that a request like that was already made, but just playing with ranges seems to work just fine.

Thanks again Blizz, awesome job!

Blizzard

No problem. The fixed version is up, BTW.

drahc

Sorry but i got an error Blizz

Script 'Arrow Enemy' line 8:Type error Occurred
Undefined superclass 'arrow base'

Thanks in advance.

Blizzard

This has nothing to do with Blizz-ABS as Blizz-ABS doesn't even affect those scripts.

Sin86

August 06, 2008, 12:25:20 pm #614 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:28:57 pm by Sin86
I try downloading it and I can't even unzip it because it says it isn't a valid archive this time for some weird reason. Tried downloading the file again and it still didn't unzip.

As for the events. Lets say the player touch is a cave that you go into. You try to enter the cave but you are being blocked off of.

Blizzard

The uploaded file got corrupted and my host is being a bitch right now so I can't upload it again. -_-

Rymdpotatis

I've played around with the new version of your ABS and it's awesome, the corpse system is very nifty!
I do have a question about it: Would it be possible to make a script, or an event that would allow looting, as in when you press a key and search the corpse a box pops up, showing what items the corpse has and there you can choose what you want to pick up.

Also, if it where possible to prevent corpses and dropped items from blinking that would be super.

I know I must be abnoxious with all my questions. >_>

Blizzard

The Morrowind-like box would require a custom extra script. You can get more info on the corpse system in chapter 2.1. I'm not sure which subchapter it was, it should be after 10. Line 3749 in part 3 should be "sprite.select = 2". Remove that line to disable the blinking.
And it's "obnoxious". xD

mojobo1

August 06, 2008, 05:00:01 pm #618 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:04:04 pm by mojobo1
Hey, me again. I almost got it all worked out.. But I'm having problems with adding attack sprites. I added running, sneaking, and jumping sprites just fine, no troubles. But my attack sprite won't work. I read that section in the manual at least 20 times.
I'm using the first default sprite (Arshes). It's named 001-Fighter01. The attack sprite for that same character is 001-Fighter01_atk0. The sprite set for the attack sprite is in Project>graphics>characters. With the _jmp _run and _snk sprites. But it won't work! When I hit the attack button in-game, a message comes up saying "Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/001-Fighter01_atk_." (which is weird, because when that message pops up, it freezes the game, but where my character should be, it shows the whole sprite set of the attack animation.. Meaning, it DID find it) I thought the extra _ on the end wasn't supposed to be there, so I changed the attack sprite set to "001-Fighter01_atk_", like it said, and it just said "Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/001-Fighter01_atk_.". So, I'm not sure what to do next.

My attack sprite set:

Thanks.

Aqua

All the weapon sprites have been bumped up a digit now.
So the sword was atk0 before and now it should be atk1