[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

And besides: Turn off weapon sprites. They are an enhanced feature of attackiing sprites. BTW, that sprite is awesome even though it is Arshes.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mojobo1

August 06, 2008, 05:17:32 pm #621 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:32:00 pm by mojobo1
Oh, it probably says that right in the area that talks about the updates? I never read that because I figured it didn't matter if I never used the older versions.. Guess it does -_-.
But... I thought I tried naming it atk1 instead of 0, just to make sure.. Maybe not...
Maybe I'll just go try it out and see -.-

Edit: That isn't it.. It might be part of it, but it still doesn't work. It still gets the same message.
Anyway, it doesn't say its unable to find _atk1, it says its unable to find _atk0. Why?

Edit: Sorry, just saw Blizz's post:
I know, I have had it the other way, but I like it better with the attack sprite.. If I don't do it now, I will eventually. And since I have it almost figured out now, I might as well continue. But yeah, I know I can switch it back to the other way if I want.

Sin86

August 06, 2008, 06:12:09 pm #622 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:22:15 pm by Sin86
Found another error. If you remember the time when I set up an add variable and a conditional branch that equals an amount of variables and I said that I got some error after doing that, I get a new one. This time, it's a different error.

"Script 'Blizz 3' line 4534: NoMethodError Occurred.

undefined method `dead?' for nil:NilClass"

Here are the commands for that enemy where you get the error.

control variables [0042: enemy split] += 1
conditional branch: variable [0042: enemy split] = = 1
script: enemy transform(1, 41)
script: enemy_recover_all(1)
else
(nothing here)
branch end

Blizzard

August 06, 2008, 06:35:54 pm #623 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 06:37:58 pm by Blizzard
We'll sort this out. :3

@mojobo1: Then you need extra sprites. You need one sprite per weapon. Have you tried CoSLAL, the example game yet? It uses weapon sprites in order to demonstrate the correct usage.

I'll explain it quickly here.

You need a basic attack sprite for swords to whose filename you add "_atk1". Then you need a weapon-only spriteset where the weapon movement is displayed which you name exactly like the file I just mentioned and add "_ICONNAME" where ICONNAME the filename of the icon for that sword weapon is.

normal = xyz.png
sword attack base = xyz_atk1.png
specific sword = xyz_atk1_sword12.png

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

drahc

Quote from: Blizzard on August 06, 2008, 12:23:14 pm
This has nothing to do with Blizz-ABS as Blizz-ABS doesn't even affect those scripts.

OK sorry for that one coz i think i screw up my scripts when i try to install the Blizz-ABS 1.99 version. Cant help it im too excited  :^_^':.

Anyway i have 1 more question, is it possible to have a different idle post for the character? Coz i notice when i try to turn on the animate char option on the config it plays the walking animation while the character is idle?

Thanks again blizz and your ABS rocks.

Blizzard

No, I haven't added idle sprites in this version to release it earlier. Since I doubt that I will include them in 2.0, don't expect them before 2.x.

Memor-X

i fixed up that actor refresh problem i got, it was the order of the script, i had Tons bellow the ABS script.

however i have to ask this, i've looked over the entire manual and i can't find any section on the addions to the event name for \invisible, \hide and \box, infact, i only found out about \box from CoSLAL

also a suggetion for the Config program, maybe set up the skills, items and weapons section so you can select multiple items in the list and chnage them at the same time so if you have 300 skills and 100 of them are going to be the same settings, it'll be a hell lot easier to select the 100 that will be the same and chnage thme all at once than having to do it 100 times

Blizzard

I was going to make copy-paste work, but I forgot for 1.99.

\box is mentioned in 1.4.x.x. (the part about the minimap), \hide is mentioned in 2.4.x. Enemy Health Bars and \invisible does not exist.

Phasedscar

August 06, 2008, 09:47:43 pm #628 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:58:20 pm by Phasedscar
BTW, would "$game_temp.out_battle" work as a trigger for another conditional branch?
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Memor-X

whoops, my bad spelling, i ment Invincible, and i though  \h (now \hide) was to make events not show up on the minimap (such as enemies who are invisible)

Caro Ru Lushe

;;<_< Now to wait for 2.00, for the Ally AI.

Peter16321

hi again

i have downloaded the abs again and my scripts are in right order now but if i kill an enemie game crushed and says : script hanging

i am using default settings and it allso crushed ^^

THATS SO UGLY !!! xD

Blizzard

Quote from: Memor-X on August 06, 2008, 10:22:22 pm
whoops, my bad spelling, i ment Invincible, and i though  \h (now \hide) was to make events not show up on the minimap (such as enemies who are invisible)

The command is \immortal and yes, you are right. Except in the version history I haven't mentioned it anywhere else. I'll fix that when I release 2.0. \hide hides the Enemy Health Bar, it doesn't make enemies invisible. If you want invisible enemies, you have to use a dummy spriteset. \nomap is being used to hide them from the minimap.

Quote from: Phasedscar on August 06, 2008, 09:47:43 pm
BTW, would "$game_temp.out_battle" work as a trigger for another conditional branch?

"$game_temp.out_battle" doesn't exist, you have to use either "not $game_temp.in_battle" or "!$game_temp.in_battle". In any case, I posted in your topic about your problem already.

Quote from: Peter16321 on August 07, 2008, 05:27:34 am
hi again

i have downloaded the abs again and my scripts are in right order now but if i kill an enemie game crushed and says : script hanging

i am using default settings and it allso crushed ^^

THATS SO UGLY !!! xD

I wonder how you always manage to mess it up. :P Try Blizz-ABS only with a new project and see how it works.

diablosbud

August 07, 2008, 09:43:25 am #633 Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:57:54 am by diablosbud
I have an odd bug in V1.99 that you have to jump over parallel process events. By the way, nice job on V1.99, love the new features, such as corpses, and enemy hear radius. Also when disabling the key that activates the skill bar, so that it can't be seen on my cutscenes, it still shows up, but disables the key, I used the code you gave me a while a go for that, and it was working before to erase it.

Blizzard

I don't. My parallel process events are just fine. They are passable when Through is on and impassable when it isn't.

diablosbud

Oh, I have to put through, got it.

drahc

It seems theres a bug when i try to go pass and event. My player cant walk pass that event even thou i set it to auto touch. I've tried using the v1.98 and its working so i think it's the new version that has a problem. BTW i use a new project to test it also and i still cannot pass thru an event.

Thanks in advance.

diablosbud

Drach: Blizzard already awnsered that, you have to make the event through.

drahc

Quote from: diablosbud on August 07, 2008, 10:07:56 am
Drach: Blizzard already awnsered that, you have to make the event through.

oopps sorry i might have missed it. anyway thanks diablosbud and im gonna try it again after office hours.

Rymdpotatis

Perhaps it's just me, but as the monsters respawn everything pauses for a second.