[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TLarch

That works, but I've created over an 65 maps, all linked by these teleporting events.  Prior to 1.99, the (None) graphic allows the player to pass through without specifying it.  Why now?  How can I change it back?

Blizzard

You'll have to change them all because this is a bug and shouldn't have happened. 65 maps isn't much. You should be done in less than 15 minutes. You can complain when you have over 400 maps to update, because it takes over two hours.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TLarch

Blizzard

Look, every newer version will cause the same issue for you. It's better if you adapt.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TLarch

August 14, 2008, 08:03:46 pm #664 Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:25:14 pm by TLarch
I know, which is why I'm not going back to 1.98.  Thanks anyway.  At least there is a way around it.  I'll let you know if there are any other problems.  Other than that, it works great.

~TLarch

Edit:  I apologize for posts that seem laced with attitude.  Been a long day, and you don't deserve that.

TLarch

*In a rather sheepish voice :^_^':*  How do I keep an enemy with a bow from firing at point blank?  I changed his range to 5 squares.

~TLarch

Blizzard

What do you mean? Can you explain it a bit better?

TLarch

Will do.

Normally, an enemy stands back at a diagonal position, then comes in to attack, then darts back away.  I changed this one from having the attack of a sword to a bow.  He attacks in the same manner, only if I'm fast enough, I can see the arrow fly out.  I was wondering if I need to do something so the enemy keeps his distance when he fires arrows at me.

Blizzard

Enemies try to have you in range, but not to go too much away. Usually the stay at the edge of having you in range. As soon as their delay timer has expired, they try to get you in range so they can shoot you. In other words, it can happen that they come too close.

TLarch

Okay, that makes sense.

I made the enemy pretty slow, and changed his range to 5.5 with the bow, to see if he would take his shot from 5 or 6 squares away, but at his slow speed, it still must walk up so that I am touching it before it takes a shot.  Made me curious to if I'm doing something wrong, and what other option I overlooked or had to check.

Satoh

August 16, 2008, 03:16:33 am #670 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:17:39 am by Satoh
I was examining your scripts and noticed that there is a predefined method (or re-defined I guess) for calculating how long or how often states and slip damage should happen... however... I tried setting the duration of Venom to 5 turns (assuming it would deal 5 consecutive damages or stop after 5 seconds or something) however, it continued until I was dead.

I tried assigning the SP Regen skill ID in the Tons of Add-ons script to be a state that would... obviously regenerate SP over time... the game would not even allow my character to gain this status, even when told to by an event.

(By the way we spoke recently in an email about similar issues XD; but I felt it less painful to continue through this glorious place!)

Anyway, I am now(finally having updated my settings) using BlizzABS 1.99.

I suppose I should mention that this is formally a bug-report (or maybe troubleshooting issue?)

To put it simply, here are my problems:
    Status effects never end once gained
    SP Regen (and presumably HP Regen and SP Poison) do not work at all/cannot be gained

Is this a legit bug, or is it user(me XD) error?

EDIT:Oops, sorry, moving this to the proper Bug Report thread...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

First problem: Have you set that status effects are "battle only"? If they are not "battle only", they do not wear off. And have you set the probability that the status effect wears off to 100%?

Second problem: Have you turned on that add-on in Tons of Add-ons and have you configured the script properly?

Shadonking

i cant pick up weapons when they are droped by an enemy, iv tried every button and looking through the script and i cant spot the problem. before anyone says i have not changed the script in any way and if tried it in two other prodjects and the same happens.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Satoh

August 16, 2008, 02:05:16 pm #673 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:10:57 pm by Satoh
Quote from: shadonking on August 16, 2008, 01:34:31 pm
i cant pick up weapons when they are droped by an enemy, iv tried every button and looking through the script and i cant spot the problem. before anyone says i have not changed the script in any way and if tried it in two other prodjects and the same happens.

Not my script, but I have an idea... Can you pick up dropped Items? If so, you could make an item that deletes itself and adds a weapon when picked up.... just a thought...

Oh, and Blizzard, you're a genius, I did forget to configure it >.<;

I'm also having trouble with my normal map passability... the game isn't recognizing some squares as solid while others of the same tile are solid... is there a way I need to set things up to fix this? (Right now, some, not all, of my floor tiles are impassable, while some, not all, of my walls are passable. I'm having to use events to make my walls at the moment >.<; )

My Resources

Blizzard

August 16, 2008, 04:25:48 pm #674 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 04:28:28 pm by Blizzard
Have you configured the different terrain tags in Blizz-ABS right? Also, consider that all 3 layers are used for passability. If one of them is impassable, the tile is impassable. Check all 3 layers.

@shadonking: Dropped stuff are normal event except that they blink. Just press the confirm button.

Jragyn

34 page of comments to read and I only glanced over 6 of them, supposing that means I could have looked right past it,  :ninja:however:

Its great that my party members can follow me, but fort he life of me I can't make them fight back. The menu has a grayed out option of AI control, but...err, I can't get it to work.
Is this option incomplete? I read that it was in development in like, 1.6 or something, that you expected it to be available in 1.9, and here I have 1.99, and its beyond my level of...figuring out. :'(

Also!

I'm trying to make a this game a blend of action-rpg and also having battles, though I choose to 'size down' my animations, leaving them really tiny INSIDE regular battle. I don't suppose there is a way to size it up for regular battles, to return for field fighting?

Questions questions... :shy:Sorry to pester you about this, mister Blizzard.

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Aqua

Ally AI is coming in version 2.0 which won't come out for at least 2 months or so.

Blizzard

Just like Aqua said. Also, you can turn off the animations. The problem is that making animations be half-sized on the map and normal size in normal battle would complicate things.

Satoh

August 17, 2008, 12:23:46 am #678 Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:35:42 am by Satoh
Quote from: Blizzard on August 16, 2008, 04:25:48 pm
Have you configured the different terrain tags in Blizz-ABS right? Also, consider that all 3 layers are used for passability. If one of them is impassable, the tile is impassable. Check all 3 layers.

@shadonking: Dropped stuff are normal event except that they blink. Just press the confirm button.

I'm not sure exactly how to setup the BlizzABS passability... but what's strange is that the passability issues only happen on one map... most of the tiles I'm having issues with are only one layer deep, all from the same square in the tileset, but some of them register as solid and some don't... I'm gonna try remaking the map a second time, just in case its some strange data error on that map...

I don't know if it matters or not, but its a custom tileset... If I still have issues, I'll take a snapshot of it for better illustration.

Also, Suggestion:
      Allowing for multi-hit skills or attacks while using B-ABS...(I noticed it in Tons')
      Not specifically a skill that executes more than once, but more like a single attack that displays 2+ damage counters... (Like for characters that dual-wield, they don't slash just once per attack, but twice.)

(And I am constantly coming up with new things to add, I could probably compile a very large list, but I also understand you have to have time, and you have to get party AI working XD; )

My Resources

Blizzard

Passability doesn't have to be set up specifically in Blizz-ABS. Have you checked your tileset? Maybe you have a tile that is not passable in one direction. Or maybe you have ane event using a tile as graphic. Try resetting all terrain tags on the tileset and try again.

Multi-Hit is pointless in Blizz-ABS. I mean how is it supposed to work?! The player freezes until he has repeated the move X times? You can just press the button X times. As for the damage display, it would be easier to make an add-on that displays more than one damage number. -_-

Don't bother, I won't add most stuff anyways. ;p