[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

oh lol i was just wondering school & jobs more important lol need the mula
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Musicmuse

So...

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, and I've read through the manual to try to find the answers.

I'm using the latest version of BlizzABS (1.99), and I'd like to integrate my own battle spritesets to spice things up a bit.  However, I'm just unsure of how a battle spriteset is layed out.  Is it 4X4 frames like a normal sprite except with battle "poses"?  This is what I'm guessing, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help.  This forum is amazingly welcoming, I can already tell.

Starrodkirby86

The easiest way to see the correct format on how to do the battle sprites is to look in the Blizz-ABS demonstration game, Chronicles of Sir-Lag-a-Lot. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I'm a mundane at Blizz-ABS related situations, so this may not be the best piece of advice, but I'm sure it'll help you definitely to view the resources used in Lag-a-Lot.

It should be 4x4 though. Don't jump head first in without a little research (Like, do what I said above first :P)

And indeed this place is welcoming. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I haven't added custom numbers of frames or diagonal movement so far. I might never add them. But I will add idle sprites.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nazurin

Is there any way for an event to be executed upon the death of the enemy?

I'm trying to have a switch be set off when all of the enemies within a square are killed >__<

Blizzard

The enemy's own event code is executed when you kill it. :P You could use a variables which you reset to 0 (with a parallel process that deletes itself right after) when you enter the map. Each enemy increases the variable upon death. The use an auto-start event that has the number of enemy and that variable as precondition. That should do it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nazurin

Gah, apologies for this, but I'm a little new to RPG Maker XP, could you outline that in a more simplified way?

Do you mean, that whatever is inside the event data is executed upon the death of the enemy, or is there more to it?

And also, many thanks for the quick reply!

Blizzard

Quotewhatever is inside the event data is executed upon the death of the enemy

Yes, that's what I meant. Maybe it was me who misunderstood you, though. If you have more questions, just ask.

Nazurin

Slight problem, my current situation is this:

When you enter the arena, blockages come around the area, forcing you to fight the boss, and once the boss is beaten, the event inside of it is supposed to lower the bars. Except, when I beat the boss, the game just freezes. It might be because I'm using lots of events, I don't know.

Have any ideas?

Starrodkirby86

How does the game freeze? It may be because a stray Autostart Event hasn't been erased completely yet. It shouldn't be the fact that there are lots of events, if you have below 100 or even 50 I'm sure nothing should malfunction.

You can always do a switch function in relations to the blockages, and when the boss is defeated, the switch changes and the blockages disappear, or something like that. You need multiple event pages for those blockages though.

Sorry for any bad wording or misunderstandings put here, I'm not in an RMXP mood right now, I'm in a Pokemon mood. :P I know you're a newbie in RPG Maker XP or at least you claim to be so, but you're not that ignorant compared to many other users. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shadonking

i had this problem for a while, check if the enemy has a second page. that sometimes causes problems if not create a new enemy thats the identical (not not copy and paste) then delete the old enemy event. then try agian. this fixed my game.

if not, SRK is right about it being the blockages making it freeze.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

O.o; Can you give me more details on that? It might be a bug in Blizz-ABS. Best would be if you can put together a small demo with a few maps that simulate that problem.

Shadonking

if that message is aimed at me, i have no idea what happend when it did start freezing so i have no clue to create that problem agian to show it.
but at least its easy to fix and iv only had the problem once.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Blizzard

It was aimed at both of you, but mainly at you, DL. It's probably something related to RMXP. Whenever I find a problem in Blizz-ABS, I try the same thing in a project without Blizz-ABS to see what's really the cause of it.

Nazurin

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMYHF4GV

one map demo, of my actual boss room, excuse the terrible mapping and possibly terrible events, but this is the one that freezes.

Shadonking

@ blizzard to be honest i think it was an error on my part becuase it was just that event that was making it freeze as soon as i got rid of it it worked great.

by the way i cant wait till v2.0 comes out. it sounds great.

]

Blizzard

Quote from: Nazurin on October 13, 2008, 03:41:59 pm
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMYHF4GV

one map demo, of my actual boss room, excuse the terrible mapping and possibly terrible events, but this is the one that freezes.

You only put up the Game.exe file. O_o

Nazurin

Shadonking

October 14, 2008, 01:41:20 pm #858 Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:43:13 pm by Shadonking
there is a bit of a problem with it, the audio files are empty and the graphic files to. so they wont play becuase there is so much stuff missing.

but from what i can see without testing it is that the dragon is on auto start, that might cuase the problem you have.

]

Nazurin

Without Autorun/Parallel Process on, it wont change the switch, and with them on, it will freeze. What can I do?