[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

In the range...

RANGE, EXPLOSION RADIUS, EXPLOSION ANIMATION

I might be totally wrong... because I don't have access to RMXP right now, but I think that's what it is...

I'll edit this post when I do have access if I /am/ wrong.

Shadonking

it goes range, victim animation,trap time.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Aqua

Oh wait... it's in skill type

def self.type(id)
      return [DIRECT, 1.0, explosion id]
    end

legacyblade

you do it in RMXP, I think

Zeldaknight

October 17, 2008, 12:05:43 am #884 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:21:51 am by Zeldaknight
No, sorry, had a problem but it was just me being dumb lol!

ali madan

hi guys, I was just wondering... Does this scripts give you the avalibility to use the self switch on enemies (If they die a switch\self switch opens??? If yes how can I do it? If no when is Blizz doing?

Blizzard

October 17, 2008, 04:14:52 am #886 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:16:07 am by Blizzard
Event code of enemies is executed upon their death. Just add a command to trigger the switch in the the enemy's event command window and it will be triggered when you kill him. If you want to use enemy transformations, I suggest that you rather use the transformation battleflow command. Should be chapter 3.2.12 or somewhere close to that in the manual.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Galatea

I got a problem here.

everytime i use a Skill that is A Shooting/Trust a error pops up.
I dunno whats the problem.

Blizzard

Same as shadonking on the last page. You have specified an explosion range but not an animation ID.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Hey Blizz,

If you'd give me some explanation of the layout of the config file, I can make a Gtk+2 Ruby script for it, which will make it more portable, if you'd like. Also makes for a nice RAD tool, Ruby does.

Shadonking

thanks Aqua, its working now.

i just need some good charsets of things to use as bombs. any one got any ideas where to find some

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Blizzard

Quote from: WcW on October 17, 2008, 07:34:13 am
Hey Blizz,

If you'd give me some explanation of the layout of the config file, I can make a Gtk+2 Ruby script for it, which will make it more portable, if you'd like. Also makes for a nice RAD tool, Ruby does.

There is no real fixed format for the file and the order of the data is important so you would have to update it with each version. I didn't have time to implement an actual dynamic format. I might revamp it so it fully works with Marshal format later.

Shadonking

where in the manual is the bit that tells you about beams as skills. iv looked through it but i cant find the section (if there is one)

]

ali madan

hi again... Sorry blizzard but I didn't get it! Maybe making a tutorial with some screenshots  will make it easier for me and any body have the same question! And may I have the updated version of the manual? :???:

(Sorry for all of these question but, it's the first time to me to use (Blizz-ABS)...) :shy:

Blizzard

October 18, 2008, 07:35:40 am #894 Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:44:16 am by Blizzard
I'm sorry, but I completely fail to understand what's so complicated in reading.

Quote from: Blizzard on October 17, 2008, 04:14:52 am
Event code of enemies is executed upon their death. Just add a command to trigger the switch in the the enemy's event command window and it will be triggered when you kill him.

You can get the newest version from the first post which has the newest version of the manual included. The post was damaged during the move as it seems so I restored it.

Vein Pyroclasm

Ok, i'm a 100% noob to scripting and I decided to try some ABS out and I hear you're the best abs scripter and i was shown this thread, i've downloaded the 1.99 ver that comes with the 3 part script.  Can you give me the break down on how i go about makeing the scripts work and where in the heck i put them in the script window of my game?  Thanks

Aqua

Read the manual.

Section 1 will tell you where to put it along with this thread

The other sections will teach you how to do stuff.

Also, you might wanna use the config app to generate a part 1 with all the settings you want.

Blizzard

Also, follow the link in the first post leading to the thread of the example game. It is easier to see how everything works on an entire game. Just keep in mind that the example game uses an outdated version of the script which means that the most recent version is capable of much more.

ali madan

thanks alot!!! It's the best and the easiest abs in the whole world

Blizzard

October 19, 2008, 08:46:48 am #899 Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:27:18 pm by Blizzard
Exactly that is what I am trying to make this ABS be like. :)