[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

since you are updating now, let me drop my suggestions in here:

Bugfixes:
1.  Fix the passability check for jumping diagonally.  Run-jumping diagonally always jumps over those un-jumpable tiles and such.
2.  Fix the enemy hp bars:  When an enemy is removed from the map at the start from an erase event command or abs autokill, the hp bar stays.
3.  Fix the enemy attack update:  if i kill an enemy right before it is about to attack me, it dies, is removed from the map(visually), but the attack still hits me up to half a second later.
4.  This one is kinda a bug and kinda a suggestion, but if we mark enemies as through, then can you keep them that way (such as for flying enemies that can traverse water and cliffs)?

Suggestions (they can wait for a future release):
1.  Give each party member their own hotkey bar, because 10 slots shared by 4 people is not enough.  Or, just add more bars and switch between with Page up and Page down.
2.  I think we would all like to see the ability for enemy event code to be activated at different times in 2.01 if it won't be too much trouble.
3.  Being able to move while attacking/defending would be nice.

Well, theres my first round of stuff.

legacyblade

Quote from: Blizzard on October 29, 2008, 09:00:42 am
I think that in 2.0 I will add ONLY the basic Ally AI. I will add the extra stuff regarding the AI later. And that means that 2.0 will be out soon. *waits for people going crazy after reading the last sentence*

I don't think he's going to update the features yet. Like he said, he's only adding ally AI on this release. (though he might do that thing with the hotkeys)

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on October 29, 2008, 05:33:28 pm
1.  Fix the passability check for jumping diagonally.  Run-jumping diagonally always jumps over those un-jumpable tiles and such.

I'll look into it.

2.  Fix the enemy hp bars:  When an enemy is removed from the map at the start from an erase event command or abs autokill, the hp bar stays.

Could've reported that earlier. :P

3.  Fix the enemy attack update:  if i kill an enemy right before it is about to attack me, it dies, is removed from the map(visually), but the attack still hits me up to half a second later.

Actually a killed enemy gets removed, he CAN'T harm you anymore after that. He doesn't update at all anymore. I'll look into it anyway.

4.  This one is kinda a bug and kinda a suggestion, but if we mark enemies as through, then can you keep them that way (such as for flying enemies that can traverse water and cliffs)?

I can only make two: non-passable, passable on the map or passable everywhere. -_- I'll see what I can do.

1.  Give each party member their own hotkey bar, because 10 slots shared by 4 people is not enough.  Or, just add more bars and switch between with Page up and Page down.

I'll think about it. This is an easy edit, I would add it in 2.0.

2.  I think we would all like to see the ability for enemy event code to be activated at different times in 2.01 if it won't be too much trouble.

Might be in 2.0 already.

3.  Being able to move while attacking/defending would be nice.

Same as above.

The main problem with adding new features and stuff is that I could be overcomplicating the system. I want to keep is simple, yet powerful.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

agreed about the simple power.  One of my final projects before I release the demo of my game is going to be to gut your AI to my liking so that it will handle more enemies at once without lag (my game now involves MOBS of enemies).  On the down side of that, they will lose some depth, but oh well.  I definitely agree with not overcomplicating the system.

And killed enemies have harmed me consistently, sometimes even kill me.  i know this because I have done a test where the killed enemy flips a switch on when it executes its death code, I kill it, it kills me, but when I respawn (in my game, you can do that), the switch is on.  So yes, please look into that.

Oh, and by the one about the through enemies, I only meant for everywhere.  Don't need partial passabbility check.  If that's what you were saying.

Quote from: winkio on Today at 03:33:28 PM
2.  I think we would all like to see the ability for enemy event code to be activated at different times in 2.01 if it won't be too much trouble.

Might be in 2.0 already.

Quote from: winkio on Today at 03:33:28 PM
3.  Being able to move while attacking/defending would be nice.

Same as above.

nice.

I just didn't want to report those bugs earlier because you were already at 1.99, and you had made enough fixes, and you were working intently on your game beta.  And they weren't really urgent.

Thanks for all your effort. :)

Vein Pyroclasm

OK i have this event that's supposed to move two sprites left 13 squares, but before it activates I have an event that pans the teh screen 32 squares up.  Now after the 32 squares and the wait timer ends the two sprites is supposed to move left, but for some reason they won't move.  They just stand still like something ubber stupid.  But strangely if I set the player start position in front of the sprites, the MOVE! So idk if this has something to do with the ABS, but could you guys telll me what's wrong.  I've been playing with Rpg Maker since 2000 version and I'm good at switches and events, but something is def wrong here.

Aqua

What kind of events are you trying to move?

winkio

If the events you are trying to move are not parallel process or autostart (which I assume they aren't either of those), then it is ABSEAL, the anti-lag system, that is deactivating those events until the player gets within range of them.  Try turning ABSEAL off for that map.

Blizzard

Either that or disable ABSEAL for those events only by using \eal in their name. Also, if they are in the screen, they should be able to move. ABSEAL does not use the player's position as reference but the screen's position.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

But if they are outside of processing range, then an autostart event happens and puts them in range, wouldn't they technically not have time to be re-enabled until the autostart event finishes?  Because autostart freezes everything else, right?

Also, there is still something I'm not quite understanding.  Maybe I'm just reading the manual wrong, but it seems that you can only make custom move routes and actions for enemies when they die or before they engage in battle.  is that correct?  If not, how do you set that up in battle?  If I am correct, then you definitely need to add that in battle.

Blizzard

Just use custom move routes like for an NPC or whatever.

Galatea

I have a suggestion, is it possible that the Shields cant block 100% damage?
Example,
Wooden Shield = 50% Block
Silver Shied = 80% Block
Oricancon Shield = Perfect Block

Is it possible, and is it possible to implement in Blizz 2.0?

Blizzard

No, because that has nothing to do with the ABS. You need a custom script. The script should simply change the battle algorithms to change the damage factor, it will be applied to Blizz-ABS automatically.

Galatea

Ohh, that means its more suited for Tons of Add-ons?
And, is that idea possible?

Vein Pyroclasm

October 31, 2008, 08:56:34 am #953 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:16:09 am by Vein Pyroclasm
Also, my switches aren't working right. 

i.e.

Lets say i do a long convo and then a switch is supposed to activate after that convo that allows another event to be possible.

The other event even if i set it's conditions to that switch and set it to autorun, it still plays the event on it's prev page.

Idk what to do about that.

ok...here's another example.

Lets say that on a solid black screen there's supposed to be some text centered....after that text your teleported to another location (another map) where another event sets into motion and after that event a switch it triggered so that when you're sent back to the previous map, the same event that activated all that text...should now play it's second page.  But it doesn't and instead only plays it's first page.

Both events are all set to autorun.

also, what does \spc and \box do?

winkio

October 31, 2008, 09:51:28 am #954 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:34:15 am by winkio
@Galatea - yes, it is very possible.  Already been done in fact.  just put up a customized script request and I'll have one up for you.

EDIT: and here it is: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2106.0

Blizzard

@Vein: Are you sure that it's a problem with Blizz-ABS? Events are affected by Blizz-ABS in no way. The only way Blizz-ABS affects events is when marking them as respawn points, but that doesn't affect their behavior or their already existing information. Are you sure that you have used a switch and not a self switch? Have you tried the same event system without Blizz-ABS?

\spc and \box are for the minimap. \spc will make any event appear as marked red and box will force the square display in the minimap. i.e. an enemy with \box won't be displayed as arrow but as square.

@Galatea: Don't forget to put that script ABOVE Blizz-ABS then.

Vein Pyroclasm

October 31, 2008, 11:56:12 am #956 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:12:43 pm by Vein Pyroclasm
I was just asking really, cause I remember you guys saying the anti lag will do something to the events.  I was just wandering if when my character leaves the screen is it like reseting them in some odd way or something.

i.e. tell me if i'm wrong here...

Event 001- Map 1 (Intro)

Page 1-
Teleport to Castle

Page 2- (Activated by Switch 1)

Event 001 - Map 2 (Castle)

Page 1-
Activate Switch 1
Teleport (Intro)

At this point page 2 should take affect, but it doesn't....page 1 repeats itself

Galatea

I dont know if somebody reported this,
Im using blizzABS 1.99,

Re-enactment:
- I killed a enemy (at Map 1)
- It dropped a money of gold/item/etc (at Map 1)
- i didnt loot the drop (at Map 1)
- i proceed to the next map (Map 2)
- i go back to Map 1
- bump a error, (Map 1)

Spoiler: ShowHide

Thats everytime i didnt loot the drops and return to Map 1.

:^_^': sorry :n00b: here.

Blizzard

I'll look into that, Galatea.

@Vein:

Quote from: meHave you tried the same event system without Blizz-ABS?

Vein Pyroclasm

November 01, 2008, 12:35:21 pm #959 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 02:27:17 pm by Vein Pyroclasm
Quote from: Blizzard on November 01, 2008, 08:09:10 am
@Vein:

Have you tried the same event system without Blizz-ABS?

I just tried that and the event worked fine on another project

Ok you know what blizz? I'm lost....cause that same project that i told you worked without blizz, well i first inserted the time environment script and it worked..

then after that, I inserted the ABS system into that project and the events worked....what is it about my original project that isn't working? it's really weird