How will we handle Version 1

Started by Ryex, October 24, 2011, 04:09:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

October 24, 2011, 04:09:16 pm Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:19:12 pm by Ryex
I'm wondering how we will handle Version 1. Specifically in terms of $ and legality.

Because version 1 will at it's core be a RGSS clone (abet with significantly increased power and useability) and we won't have the ARC default scripts written and thus will likely use the RMXP scripts how will we handle it?

taking that in mind I can't see charging the commercial license fee for the first version.

I propose that we deliver Version 1 or codename "Legacy Edition" free for all purposes, commercial or otherwise.

With the next version (I propose codename "True ARC") we will drop the RGSS module and implement our own stuff in Zer0Division and provide ARC default scripts.  Then provide a script that creates the RGSS interface from the Zer0Division lib on the side. at THAT point it will truly be ARC and we should be able to charge the license fee.

Thoughts?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

October 24, 2011, 04:13:14 pm #1 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:19:32 pm by Ryex
I agree. I was thinking about the same thing a few times and this seems to be the best solution I kept coming up with. Let's do it.

Also, if we have to rewrite all RGSS functionality with ARC's true engine, this will take quite some additional time. #_# But I think we should be able to handle relatively quickly if the 4 of us work together.

And I like the name "Legacy Edition". <3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.