Because all the cool people have a "difficult life situation" thread

Started by Subsonic_Noise, November 01, 2011, 11:50:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Subsonic_Noise

So, hi people, even though I announced I'm back I didn't post here alot.
Reason is, a number of bad things happened lately, including me losing my flat / getting kicked out of it without having another place to live (there is a flat shortage around here, and there are few flats I can afford anyway), my harddrive dying with the project flies of all music I made and was making, all my notes from school, tasks I did, and my research and progress from my scientific paper, basically resetting my progress there to zero, and the money I had to spend to get the computer back running in general has left me broke and pretty much unable to buy food, my phone contract got canceled due to a mistake / retard moment of the provider, so that left me without a real way to directly comunicate with people further away, and I missed calls from rentors whose flats I could have gotten.
Going beyond things that happened to me, in the same week, the girl I love got sexually harassed twice, and broke her foot the day before Halloween, which she has been looking forward to for quite a time. A bit later, she admitted to me that she is scared of serious relationships and she needs "fix herself" first.

So, to sum it up she had to stay home with a broken foot on her favourite holiday after getting sexually harassed twice the week before, we're currently on a break, I'm homeless, all my music is gone, all my progress on school work and my scientific paper too, I'm broke, and only now I have a proper way of communicating again.

I'm not telling you this because I want to be pitied though, but because of the following:
"Fuck "Oh god I have such an aweful life", take things in your own hands."

The week after it happened, a friend of her (and me) made sure that guy who harrassed her will never even come close to her again, or harass any other girls for that matter. I asked around among my friends and found someone I could live with at least for a while, while continuing searching for a new flat. Sure, we had to share a bed, but I had a place to sleep. The Mac store refused the warranty for my macbook, so I took the thing home again and repeared it myself after watching a toutorial on youtube. The money for the new harddrive? i am gonna get it back by recording musicians and selling music. For the blocked cellphone contract, I went to one of the provider's stores and pushed them to call their headquarters to figure out the problem, solved it, and have my connection back now. As soon as that happened, I called my school's Head Instructor to tell him about the situation, and came up with an agreementt that I can hand in the tasks later, and have most of them done again already now. For the music? Sure, it's lost, so I called all of my musician friends, and we are currently working on filling my new harddrive with new, even better music. Sure, there are things that aren't solved, like us being on a break, and things that can't be solved that quickly, like her broken foot, but what I am saying is the following: The biggest part of the "problems" you people complain about start with yourself.

So stop whining and do something about it. I'm pretty sure most of your problems aren't unsolvable.
That's all.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on November 01, 2011, 11:50:16 am
The biggest part of the "problems" you people complain about start with yourself.

Quoted for merit.

Hopefully you can find your own place to live again soon.  Be sure to keep giving us these updates every once in a while, because even though we appear incredibly self absorbed in our own misery, we do care about other people, especially long time members of this forum.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Ryex on November 01, 2011, 12:23:14 pm
Your awesome Sub, Ya know that? That is all.

Thank you, I do my best.

:V

Quote from: winkio on November 01, 2011, 12:38:20 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on November 01, 2011, 11:50:16 am
The biggest part of the "problems" you people complain about start with yourself.

Quoted for merit.

Hopefully you can find your own place to live again soon.  Be sure to keep giving us these updates every once in a while, because even though we appear incredibly self absorbed in our own misery, we do care about other people, especially long time members of this forum.

I'm aware that people here care about others, and I see nothing wrong with people telling others here about what's going wrong in their life, but I've grown sick of seeing people everywhere blaming others for it instead of changing stuff yourself. :P

Blizzard

There really are many things that people aren't actually initially responsible for. But they are responsible for accepting these things and complaining about them instead of fixing them. My general advice is that people should always ask themselves first if they are the problem or part of the problem.

I hope you'll figure out the rest, can find a new flat and Iggy makes her mind up about serious relationships.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

That :)

I've been having problems of my own for a while and my mind is a wreck right now, so I can't trust myself to even think about things. But if I had it as hard as you did, I'd have despaired instead of taking control like you did. It's people like you, Sub, that give me strength :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Fantasist on November 02, 2011, 05:31:37 am

That :)

I've been having problems of my own for a while and my mind is a wreck right now, so I can't trust myself to even think about things. But if I had it as hard as you did, I'd have despaired instead of taking control like you did. It's people like you, Sub, that give me strength :)

Thanks. :) Good thing it can help other people too, apparently. To be honest, there is and will be quite a struggle. It's not easy. But fuck that, giving up and being depressed really isn't my style, and shouldn't be anyone else's. I'd like to quote Portal 2 on this.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade.
Make life TAKE THE LEMONS BACK.
Get mad. I don't want your DAMN Lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?!
Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it decided to give YOU lemons. Do you know who I am?? I'm the man who will BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN, with the lemons. I'm going to invent a COMBUSTABLE LEMON that burns your house down!!"

That is all. :P

Ryex

That really is an epic life quote isn't it.

If life gives you lemons, make life rue the day it decided to give you lemons.

very gurren lagann esk
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Fantasist

Heh, my own version is much simple:
"If life f*cks you, you f*ck it back."
3:)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews