Previous topic - Next topic

Would anyone find one helpful here?

Yes
5 (83.3%)
No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Spaceman McConaughey

Okay, so a self-help section seems as though it would be a great idea. And yeah, I know this was brought up before, but as time passes it seems as though more and more people would benefit from something like this. I can think of a few off the top of my head right away(me included). Just leave a vote on yes or no, if you would be so kind.

Well, let's see those votes.

Blizzard

*shakes the forum*

Not too many people cared to vote as I see.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Is it really Self-Help if you ask other people to help out?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Self-Help means that you seek help yourself and that you primarily try to find material to help yourself. Whether you ask somebody else for pointers or advice in all of this or not is not too relevant. I always saw self-help as a way to improve yourself even if you don't really have to for some reason. You do it because you want to do it. Of course, there are e.g. self-help groups for alcoholics, but this is yet again similar in concept. You can share experiences and all, but ultimately it is up to you to help yourself. The term self-help is kinda confusing, it's not something that should be taken literal.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

So, guessing it's a no-go on the section?

Starrodkirby86

Seeing that we've created boards like Academics, a "Self-Help" section seems to a nice, similar step to follow. Don't we love helping each other, giving sound advice and support in times of need? I'm a bit concerned whether or not it might be a board too superfluous. I suppose this logic goes along the same way for many boards (i.e. their parent boards suffice), but I always seen Chat to be a sound place to do any of this stuff already. A complete section, though, may garner topics that wouldn't have been made otherwise, though.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).