What's your Internet connection speed?

Started by Blizzard, November 14, 2011, 03:11:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I was talking to a collegue at work and he said that most people in the US have a slow Internet connection. I remember lots of people telling me how they had actually quite fast connections from all over the US so I was kind of confused. So what's your Internet connection speed? I have 3 Mbit/s download and 256 kbit/s upload.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

LOL! I have a 1.5 Mb DSL connection, horrendously slow for this day and age. slowest you can get without droping to dial up actually.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

We are slow compared to Korea, but generally faster than most places.  My home connection in 8Mbit download 5Mbit upload.  My university connection is 250Mbit download 200Mbit upload, and that is by no means the fastest.

G_G

I dunno how accurate speedtest.net is but its not too bad. My download is pretty good but obviously my ISP doesn't supply a good Upload. ._.'

stripe103

We are paying for 25 Mbit/s, but I have from 4 to 16 Mbit/s down, and about 1 Mbit/s up.
I hate that the downspeed is changing so much, but I guess it's the wireless reciever or something.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

eh i'd figure i would put up mine for the heck of it.

this is my connection while here at home:

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

winkio

Spoofus

good lord,your university internet makes mine look, well it makes it look just awful.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Ryex

I had some nice speed in my dorm last year but they caped the speed to 2Mb/s this year. it's a shame I tell you, a f'n shame.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Here is my pathetic speed. I really should be less cheap and just upgrade, but its all I really need. I just save large downloads for when I sleep and am at work.

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taiine

Ryex

February 06, 2012, 03:19:10 pm #12 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:22:50 pm by Ryex

you see that? so the discrepancy with the upload and download speeds? that's a capped connection.

MarkHest

Taiine