ARCed Audio Player

Started by ForeverZer0, November 19, 2011, 03:50:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

ok, so I re-factored PyXAL a bit. same interface on the surface but it should now force the garbage collection in python to destroy the C++ stuff too. the GC in 2.7 seems great it destorys the sounds as soon as all the references to them is lost (that includes players playing them)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

You don't ever need to use a hstr pointer. Consider hstr a base type like int or float. If you create a hstr from a char pointer, the data will be copied and you still have to delete the original char pointer if you allocated it with the new operator.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

ok so. whats new in XAL 2.2?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

December 29, 2011, 02:48:58 am #63 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:54:31 am by Blizzard
Damn, you're fast to notice. >_>
It has some threading issues fixed along and should be much more stable now. It also has updated code for XLN files to be extension insensitive.

And I just realized that I didn't compile it with WAV support yet again. >.<

EDIT: Fixed. I also tagged these versions in the SVN repository as xal/tags/2.2 and hltypes/tags/1.4.1 so they can be recompiled any time if needed.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Ok, so I updated the interfaced to Pyxal the best I could but I can't be sure I got everything. can you list the recent changed tot he interface so I can be sure?

Blizzard

There shouldn't be too many changes. I don't remember which SVN revision of XAL/HLTypes I built last time so I can't really check on the interface. :/ Your best bet is to go through the headers and update everything accordingly. Though, I think the only significant changes should be in AudioManager.h as a couple of methods were renamed.