Sprite-constructive criticism

Started by Camellia, December 24, 2011, 01:16:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Camellia

December 24, 2011, 01:16:07 am Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:43:10 am by Camellia
I feel really :...: :n00b:

I'm not sure if this is a place to post this. Though this is some kind of expressing my creativity.
Just wondering what you think.

My first try on spriting. :negative:
Spoiler: ShowHide

I'm trying to sprite a really awesome character for my game. Hopefully, some sprite-experts could give constructive criticism.
:plz:

Oh, and...

HAPPY SNOWBALL THROWING!!!
QuoteDon't listen to those who say you're taking too big a chance.
-If he had-, Michelangelo would've painted the Sistine floor.

G_G

Moved to resources. Seems more fitting.

I'll tell you its pretty nice for a first draft. I couldn't even get a decent outline if I tried. ._. Anyways, the sprite looks great, but it needs more shading in my opinion. I love how the hair is, just needs a tad bit of shading. Also the shadow under the feet look a tad odd to me. Maybe just go with one bigger circle instead of two smaller ones. I'm not a spriter so I can't really give the criticism you're probably looking for.

Camellia

QuoteMoved to resources. Seems more fitting.

Noted. Next time I'll post here.

QuoteI'll tell you its pretty nice for a first draft. I couldn't even get a decent outline if I tried. ._. Anyways, the sprite looks great...

Thanks game_guy. That really encourages me to practice more.

Quote...but it needs more shading in my opinion. I love how the hair is, just needs a tad bit of shading. Also the shadow under the feet look a tad odd to me. Maybe just go with one bigger circle instead of two smaller ones.

Agreed thoroughly. That's what I lack. I understand color pallet but I don't know how to shade it correctly. Tried reading some tutorials but I'm still clueless.  :???: The shadow looked odd?  :^_^': Okay, I guess I'll change it.

QuoteI'm not a spriter so I can't really give the criticism you're probably looking for.

Nah, everyone have the right to critic IF they KNOW what they are talking about.
QuoteDon't listen to those who say you're taking too big a chance.
-If he had-, Michelangelo would've painted the Sistine floor.