[XP] Advanced Time and Environment System (ATES)

Started by ThallionDarkshine, February 12, 2013, 06:27:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

Yeah, I see what you mean. The script seems very buggy to me so I don't really endorse using it at the moment.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

It would be nice if Thallion was still here to fix it. ._. I don't like having my name on a broken script, but I did provide the base.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ThallionDarkshine

August 28, 2015, 12:29:22 am #22 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:51:10 am by ThallionDarkshine
Sorry Blizz... I haven't been into scripting all that much over the past few years. This script started off pretty well, but as time went on I tried to add too many cool things and the code just got more and more convoluted. It's looking as though this error may go back to whatever the thing was with script calls that return false, though I'm not sure why I'm returning a boolean from advance in the first place. I'll poke around the script and see if I can fix it at all.

Edit - And I believe I have fixed the error, though I'm still not entirely satisfied with the state of this script. If I ever get the chance I'll see if I can revamp it and make it look nice again.

Edit2 - Although from what I can see all of the features seem to work.

ThallionDarkshine

Update to v1.1! Several minor bugs have been fixed, and everything now works the way it says in the instructions. The weather effects themselves are now handled independently from the time system, so speeding up or slowing down the time system will not, for instance, cause thunder to happen constantly. In addition, the weather durations are now handled through the time system, and configured individually for each weather effect. You can now define a variable to hold the current weather index, allowing you to more easily check the current weather from events. The demo has also been updated to showcase some of the new features.