Global Moderator Color

Started by G_G, January 25, 2012, 09:05:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 25, 2012, 09:05:56 pm Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:59:11 pm by game_guy
*erm herm*

Dear Blizzard,

I recently have taken notice that both Ryex and I missed out on the joys of the nice blue color you once had for Global Moderators. While the purple is nice, both Ryex and I already once bored the color purple back when Remoxes was still around. I'm positive you had a logical explanation for changing the colors in the first place (though I can't remember why) and I completely respect your reasoning. Now, I'd like to file a change in job color as I'm not happy with this purple. I'm hoping you will see to providing our usergroup a better, more comfortable color or we may just have to go on strike here. And by we, I mean of course Ryex and I. I made a petition and all Global Moderators signed it (the whole two of us) and even ForeverZer0 signed it, which should prove furthermore that our working conditions aren't comfortable.

Colors that I'm Rejecting:

• Purple
  • Green

Petition:
Spoiler: ShowHide

While this post is a complete joke, it would be awesome if you could change the usergroup color for GMods. The purple bugs me! xD Of course I'm not trying to force you.

winkio

How about we change the normal mods to blue and the global mods to green?

Ryex

HEY my name on the petition is clearly forged!

*goes to get his tablet so he can show you what his real signature would look like*

*finds out that it's been fucking stolen*

*rage ensues*

*places an order for a better tablet at a great deal*

*feels better but still raging*

in other news, I would have to agree that purple isn't all that great of a color
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Obviously PINK would be much more appropriate for G-Mods...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

stripe103

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Here's a list of colors and positions.

1. Admin (currently red, should stay like this because of red being the default CP theme)
2. GMod
3. Mod
4. ARC Dev
5. Normal Member (currently yellow, should stay because it looks like stars and is easy recognizable)

Remaining Colors:

1. Blue
2. Green
3. Cyan
4. Mangenta
5. Orange
6. Pink
7. Teal
8. Aqua
9. Neon
10. Purple
11. White

Take your pick.

Also, it was purple and green because Chaos is purple and Lexima is green. D:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on January 26, 2012, 02:21:28 am
Also, it was purple and green because Chaos is purple and Lexima is green. D:

and true chaos is blue yes?

Blizzard

Yes. Hence the ARC Devs are true Chaos.

:V:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Blizzard

Actually my bad. ARC Devs are already cyan. Blue is the one that's still available.

G_G

Teal, Blue, or White. It'll be a nice change of colors for once. :3 I'm glad you're willing to change it Blizzard, <3

stripe103

Quote from: game_guy on January 26, 2012, 08:24:29 am
I'm glad you're willing to change it Blizzard, <3

From what I can see in this topic, he didn't say anything about that.. just what colors that are currently in use :)

Blizzard

January 26, 2012, 09:35:14 am #14 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:44:03 am by Blizzard
It was kind of implied that I would do it. :P Maybe I'll use white and orange. :3

EDIT: Neon and blue. White looked more like grey, orange sucked, teal looked too much like green. Not that neon doesn't look at lot like green, but it's kinda better.

legacyblade

Blizz, you can specify the colors using hexidecimal code (you don't have to just stick with the named colors)

Blizzard

tSwitch

January 26, 2012, 05:42:29 pm #17 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:43:30 pm by NAMKCOR
Since I am at this point a normal member and have no emotional investment in the color change, I would like to point out that it would be very confusing for other average chaos project members for you to be shuffling around the staff color at the whim of a couple staff members.  Therefore I would move to reject this petition from consideration.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

ForeverZer0

They need only look under the name of the person if they are confused, which by now, I imagine every current member is aware of who are staff and not. I say this as someone is no emotional investment in the color change, and whose color will remain the same.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

tSwitch

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 26, 2012, 05:47:15 pm
They need only look under the name of the person if they are confused, which by now, I imagine every current member is aware of who are staff and not. I say this as someone is no emotional investment in the color change, and whose color will remain the same.

Yes, but the colors are meant to be a quick identifier in the userlist as to if any staff is online, those who are less familiar with the staff than I could end up confused in the case where a staff member is necessary.  In an effort to promote a clear and well understood website, such trivialities should simply be ignored.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr