Inspirational talk

Started by Blizzard, February 20, 2012, 11:12:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

One of the lines that really got to me was "if you want to be successful, sometimes you have to sacrifice sleep". I wholeheartedly agree. I really did sacrifice sleep many times to get to where I am now. It doesn't matter that it's related specifically to some guy doings sports, the message is important. I really recommend this video.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I like the video.

While sacrificing sleep may be popular with a large number of my demographic (college students), I completely disagree with making a habit of it.  When you sacrifice sleep, you can't operate at your maximum capacity.  Your body basically overclocks during the day because it knows that it can cool down and recuperate when you sleep.  If you don't get enough sleep, your body can't push itself as hard during the day.

Subsonic_Noise

Blizzard

@winkio: I don't remember if he said "sometimes" or not, but I do agree with sometimes. Not always obviously, as you already said.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.