Looking for tester (Actorsprite Maker)

Started by Dweller, March 13, 2012, 07:31:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

March 13, 2012, 07:31:33 am Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:48:26 pm by Dweller
Actorsprite Maker is close to have a public version and I'm looking for a few people that want to test the current version and help me to improve it and correct bugs (the program have a tool to send feedback). I´m a noob programmer and this is the first tool that I'm going to share, so the testing part is new to me, and I want to take my time and also learn on the process.

If you are interested  please reply on this topic and I will send you the current version so you can test it (I hope I can get at least 5 people).

Testers:

- game_guy, ShadowPierce (from Chaos Project forum)
- Orochii, akyratorr, Dragón x3, saulodeabreu, Paco  (from Mundomaker forum)
- raulxito99
- Protogeo
- Jdlp

Thanks,

(I don't know if this forum is the correct one to looking for this, sorry).

Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

G_G

I'll take it through a test run. :3 This board will be just fine but when you release the final tool, maybe post it in the Resource RPG seciont instead.

Dweller

Come on guys, 2 more to test Actorsprite Maker (no need to be a programmer).
Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

Well, I guess I kinda owe a lot to you so sign me up... :D

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Thanks to ShadowPierce and Game_Guy, need 1 more and we can start testing.
Dwellercoc

G_G

You need to allow more than just a .gif formats for Upload.
OpenFileDialog.Filter = "Image Formats (*.png; *.jpg; *.bmp; *.gif)|*.png;*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif

Also, some of the graphics are screwed up and don't align right. And a suggestion, you can load files from folders for the graphics.
List<Image> heads = new List<Image>();
string[] extensions = new string[] { ".png", ".jpg", ".bmp", ".gif" };
foreach (string file in Directory.GetFiles("Images\\Heads"))
{
    if (extensions.Contains(Path.GetExtension(file)))
        heads.Add(Image.FromFile(file));
}

And so on and so fourth. Taking this route will make it so people can easily add their own graphics and you don't have to have an online database to keep track of graphics. Just a thought.

Dweller

Quote from: game_guy on March 14, 2012, 05:51:32 pm
You need to allow more than just a .gif formats for Upload.
OpenFileDialog.Filter = "Image Formats (*.png; *.jpg; *.bmp; *.gif)|*.png;*.bmp;*.jpg;*.gif

I'm having problems with the output PNG file if I use any image with more than 256 colors, for that reason I only accept GIFs uploads at the moment.

Quote from: game_guy
Also, some of the graphics are screwed up and don't align right. And a suggestion, you can load files from folders for the graphics.
List<Image> heads = new List<Image>();
string[] extensions = new string[] { ".png", ".jpg", ".bmp", ".gif" };
foreach (string file in Directory.GetFiles("Images\\Heads"))
{
    if (extensions.Contains(Path.GetExtension(file)))
        heads.Add(Image.FromFile(file));
}

And so on and so fourth. Taking this route will make it so people can easily add their own graphics and you don't have to have an online database to keep track of graphics. Just a thought.

Is a good idea, I put on my list (may I´ll combine the two options, program own resources and loads from folders).

Thanks for taking your time testing the program.
Dwellercoc

G_G

March 15, 2012, 01:24:26 am #7 Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:25:36 am by game_guy
Another thing, the Save Output is bugged. First of all, you shouldn't force the user to enter in a filename when they can enter it in the Save File Dialog. Thats just a tad bit redundant. Also, even if I click the Cancel button in the dialog, it still saves.
// If the "Save" button was clicked.
if (saveFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
{
   string filename = saveFileDialog.FileName;
   // save image here
}

Other then that, the program works perfectly as intended. Also, I figured I'd just give you feedback through here since its probably easier for you to check.

Dweller

Quote from: game_guy on March 15, 2012, 01:24:26 am
Another thing, the Save Output is bugged. First of all, you shouldn't force the user to enter in a filename when they can enter it in the Save File Dialog. Thats just a tad bit redundant. Also, even if I click the Cancel button in the dialog, it still saves.

Solved, ty.
Dwellercoc

ForeverZer0

This is a bit of a personal preference, but I like it when the I can filter certain file types, even among the supported types. I also like to always have an "All Documents" filter. Although the user obviously cannot open any document without an error, it is noce in some situations when you want to check what other files are in the directory, etc.

"Image Formats|*.png;*.jpg;*.bmp;*.gif|PNG|*.png|Bitmap|*.bmp|JPEG|*.jpg|GIF|*.gif|All Documents|*.*"
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Dweller

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 15, 2012, 04:38:09 pm
This is a bit of a personal preference, but I like it when the I can filter certain file types, even among the supported types. I also like to always have an "All Documents" filter. Although the user obviously cannot open any document without an error, it is noce in some situations when you want to check what other files are in the directory, etc.
"Image Formats|*.png;*.jpg;*.bmp;*.gif|PNG|*.png|Bitmap|*.bmp|JPEG|*.jpg|GIF|*.gif

I added |All Documents|*.* to my saveFileDialog.Filter. I agree with you, some times you want to see all the files on a directory. Thanks for the idea.
Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

March 17, 2012, 01:21:56 am #11 Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:36:17 am by ShadowPierce
I sent a few bug reports... :D

BTW, I forgot one: I can't switch back to english after clicking the spanish button... :P

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Quote from: ShadowPierce on March 17, 2012, 01:21:56 am
BTW, I forgot one: I can't switch back to english after clicking the spanish button... :P

Yes, other tester send me that error, Its solved now ;)
Dwellercoc