Shadow windows, Start panels and difficulties, oh my!

Started by Ryex, March 20, 2012, 03:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

so I was discussing this problem with Blizzard on msn. the AUI interface does not like it when there is no center direction pane docked in the main window. once you undock the last center pane into a floating pane you can't redock them through the normal user input of dragging them window over the area to dock.  to solve this I though I'd rig it so that if such a situation were to occur a show panel would get placed as the center pane so you could dock the panel ontop of the shadow window and then the shadow window would be removed. I manged to do this with docking and undocking event but there are several problems.

1) the shadow window REFUSES to fill up the space vacated by the undocked center pane the AuiManger seems to think the pane is still there no mater what I do
2) if a pane is docked ontop the shadow window it then refuses to remove the window from the manager

I have a few more things to try but I'm not sure they will work. we may have to keep the start panel around permanently as a tab in the users interface just to make sure the center pane position in the main window stays occupied to avoid glitches.

EDIT: ok I partially solved both problems you should really update your SVN and see what I'm talking about. just dock and undock the start panel ect. and you will see what I mean
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

Ok, I finally solved this. turns out the AUI library implements this functionality in an alternate AUIManager class called AUIManager_DCP where DCP stands for Dummy Center Pane. thing is I had to read the code for the library to see what was going on internaly to even notice the existence of this undocumented class shoved in at the bottom of the file.

In the process I fixed a few bugs related to call order when removing panels as well as a bug that corrupted OpenGL Texture Ids when a window was closed and them opened again.
there is still a small bug where more than one map editor is open with scroll bars. scroll position seems to get mixed up and when you scroll one and then move your mouse over another the other is effected. No idea what is causing it as of yet.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

Another update, I got focus event running properly so that panels are dispatched on top of the last clicked panel, still a few bugs with that, namely if panels are minimized or floating things get a bit wonky. but I'm basically ready to start tieing the database into the main editor.

Blizzard

<3 <3 <3

Can we say that the editor is 80% finished now?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex