Author Topic: Introduction / Demo Download  (Read 21577 times)

Offline MarkHest

• Video Game Music Composer
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
Re: Introduction / Demo Download
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »
@ Seltzer Cole:

I'm pretty sure I fixed that bug in the newest version of the demo. I remember Lobstrosity telling me about it.

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »
Just gona make a small progression update on the game to let everyone know how far/close it is to being finished.

I was planning to have it done by the end of the year, but it's going to be a bit more delayed than that because of all the sidequests, extra content and stuff I will have to add.

# I 'test played' the game up to the point where the game is still in work and with knowledge of what to do as well as cheating my way through many battles(including bosses) the play time is around 14 hours.
# The game has over 85 Songs that are all original compositions made by me.
# Apparently I have around 400 Maps or more o_o
# Around 150-200 Unique Battlers/Enemies that I made. They are all very simple drawings though. Very cartoon'ish and simple to fit the mood of the game.
# I've been starting to focus some more on bringing life to my game by attempting to add animations to the sprites I feel like I can animate myself and that deserves some neat animations, like the main character.
# I've also, once again, done a lot of debuging/fixing/rewriting/remaping of some earlier parts of the game which took up a lot of time and this is also the cause to why I won't be able to release it in the time I wanted.
# I have been trying to work on it more frequently on the game but if I force myself to it when I don't feel like it the game just gets sloppy and I end up remaking those parts later on when I feel more creative, which is why I can't always work on the game.
#Working on it, bit by bit almost every day. Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a little.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:32:40 AM by MarkHest »

Offline locowhiteknight

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:47 AM »
Hey markhest, nice work so far!

I just downloaded your demo, and played if for far longer than I had planned. I was a bit leery of the quality of the game, due to some of the grammar/spelling issues, but the charm of this title won my attention. I need to make note (as if you didn’t know already) that the music is f*cking fantastic. If you primarily created this game for an excuse to compose excellent video game music, mission accomplished. Everything about this game feels very original and fresh. It almost has a kind of, I don’t know, a Toonland from Who Framed Roger Rabbit feel to it. I liked the huge maps,  the intro, the plot, the odd creatures, etc… I still have a long way to go on the demo, I’m sure, but so far I’m really impressed with the game. 

Good luck with the game!

LWK
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »
Thank you so much for the feedback! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that you like my music. Yes, one of the primary reasons I made this game was to test my musical skills and grow. I know the game will have a lot of grammar and spelling errors and there's really not a lot I can do about this. People will just have to deal with it, I guess. The demo does however have a lot of mistakes that I've fixed in the full version.

I really appriciate the feedback. I like it when people point out what they like and dislike so I can grow from it.
Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:05:59 PM by MarkHest »

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »
I fixed a bug that caused the game to crash after the battle theme changes. It should be able to run without crashes now.