[XP] Drago Inventory System

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, March 31, 2012, 11:54:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

March 31, 2012, 11:54:43 am Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:47:46 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Drago Inventory System
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo
Version: 2.00
Type: Custom Item System
Key Term: Custom Item System

Introduction

This is inventory system I created for my game,
but I decided to publish it since I lost interest in rmxp lately

Features

• Animated Menu

• Limited Slot-based Inventory system

• Can change the number of slots at any time during the game.

• Can set a maximum stack size for each type of item individually

• Can discard unnecessary item

• Can set an item to be undiscardable

• Will automatically call a loot scene any time the party has too many items

• Can combine two items to gain another items

• Can equip weapon / armor in the menu

• Can add items "Stars" times the amount of its rating/rarity

• Can separate inventory for each actor

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Script

Here

Instructions

In the script

Compatibility

Probably won't compatible with other item related script (like tons of addons)

Credits and Thanks

• LiTTleDRAgo

• rusted_71

• Moghunter

• game_guy

• QuentinWhite for beta testing

Author's Notes

~Enjoy

ForeverZer0

Nice job yet again, Drago. :)

* Moves to Database *
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Magus

Looks good. I'll give this a try and see if I can incorporate it into FOLS1R. Can't expect any less from one of the best scripters here. (and even getting compliment from another scripter that's also one of the best.)
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

LiTTleDRAgo

Dweller

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on April 08, 2012, 03:16:51 am
updated to 1.20

added item rarity (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,3633.msg71911.html#msg71911)
Credit to game_guy

Got a syntax error at line 628 (solved removing the line, that contend only a 'end').
Dwellercoc

LiTTleDRAgo

it's a typo in pastebin, fixed now

kmart002

Hey LiTTleDRAgo, I love your script and everything, the only problem I'm having is the armor. When I try to select it, it states:
Script 'Items Menu' line 694: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'element_set' for #<RPG::Armor:0x7b80d08>

This happens with whatever armor I try to choose. Any suggestions?

LiTTleDRAgo

QuentinWhite

July 07, 2012, 02:45:52 pm #8 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:56:10 pm by QuentinWhite
Helo.
Nice script, but i have found some glitches

1.) Game crashes when you buy more items, than your DEFAULT_ITEM_STACK for that item.

2.) Game crashes, when you get more items by event (change items: [potion], +999), than your DEFAULT_ITEM_STACK for that item. (fixed it by adding desired item one by one: change items: [potion], +1, change items: [potion], +1, ...)

3.) When you use item from stack, the number indicating amount of items you have in this stack will be broken (it will look like white blob).

4.) You can duplicate your items. equip your character with weapon and fill your inventory with two more diferent weapons your character can equip. Than equip your character (using equip window) with diferent weapon and all your weapons will be duplicatet.

This is all i have found so far.

kmart002

Also, if I have two potions, and I choose to discard 1, it'll discard both. Unless there's a way to make each potion stand out individually instead of stacking with each other to only take up one inventory slot, which I don't know how to do

LiTTleDRAgo

July 09, 2012, 11:07:48 pm #10 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:48:16 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Quote from: QuentinWhite on July 07, 2012, 02:45:52 pm
Helo.
Nice script, but i have found some glitches

1.) Game crashes when you buy more items, than your DEFAULT_ITEM_STACK for that item.

2.) Game crashes, when you get more items by event (change items: [potion], +999), than your DEFAULT_ITEM_STACK for that item. (fixed it by adding desired item one by one: change items: [potion], +1, change items: [potion], +1, ...)

3.) When you use item from stack, the number indicating amount of items you have in this stack will be broken (it will look like white blob).

4.) You can duplicate your items. equip your character with weapon and fill your inventory with two more diferent weapons your character can equip. Than equip your character (using equip window) with diferent weapon and all your weapons will be duplicatet.

This is all i have found so far.

all fixed

Quote from: kmart002 on July 08, 2012, 03:41:00 am
Also, if I have two potions, and I choose to discard 1, it'll discard both. Unless there's a way to make each potion stand out individually instead of stacking with each other to only take up one inventory slot, which I don't know how to do

I'll fix this one later (probably after exam)

fixed

kmart002

Alright cool. And one last thing, can I change the option to be able to equip weapons/armor from the item screen? Cause I put another script in that makes it that you need to be a certain level to equip certain weapons/armor. In the equip menu it works, but I can equip those weapons/armor no matter what in the item menu.

LiTTleDRAgo

script updated, now you can disable combine and equip by call script

$game_party.disable_combine = true / false
$game_party.disable_equip = true / false

of course if you want to remove that feature completely, you can insert nil in the config

ITEM_WELCOME    = "In Your Bag"
  PARTY_INV          = "Party Inventory"
  LOOT_INV           = "Discarded Item"
  USE_COM            = "Use"
  COMBINE_COM     = nil
  EQ_COM             = nil
  DIS_COM            = "Discard"
  CANCEL_COM      = "Cancel"
  FULL_INVENTORY = 'Inventory is full'

------edit

script updated, added support for RMVX

Dweller

LiTTleDRAgo can you help me to change the script to make the selectable window transparent?
Dwellercoc

LiTTleDRAgo

July 12, 2012, 10:09:58 pm #14 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:18:01 pm by LiTTleDRAgo
---deleted---

btw script updated, changed the scene_loot

QuentinWhite

I have found few bugs in new version.

1.) Equpinig doesnt work at all. You can unequip your character, but you cant put your equipment back on. (this applies for both equip window and choosing equip command in item window)

2.) When i use item (potion), i get error at line 2038.
(undefined method 'refresh' for # <Window_Target:0x13cc590>)

3.)There are some problems with window overlapping

Item use

Item equip

4.) Script demands picture named Mn_Bk3 in picture directory. But i cant find any download link for that picture at your site.

This is all i have found so far. Hope it helps.

LiTTleDRAgo

thanks, all fixed

Mn_Bk3 : http://i.imgur.com/hV8aN.jpg
forgot to include it, but you can disable that image in config

BACKGROUND  = ''      # Animated background graphic
  TRAN_TIME   = 20            # Transition Time
  TRAN_TYPE   = "004-Blind04" # Transition Type (Name)   

QuentinWhite

July 15, 2012, 05:27:58 pm #17 Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:53:47 pm by QuentinWhite
Amazing. You are really fast  :).

Everything works perfect, but the item duplicating bug still persists. I have uploaded little demo, so you can duplicate the bug easily.

Just go to equip screen, and unequip your sword. Sometimes you have to unequip all your equipment and then your sword.

Hope it helps

EDIT:
This is just a little sugestion. Could it be possible to combine items with weapons, weapons with armor and so on? This will be really useful (combinig magical gems with weapons, adding silencers to pistols or reinforcing armor with aditional plates.)

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: QuentinWhite on July 15, 2012, 05:27:58 pm
Amazing. You are really fast  :).

Everything works perfect, but the item duplicating bug still persists. I have uploaded little demo, so you can duplicate the bug easily.

Just go to equip screen, and unequip your sword. Sometimes you have to unequip all your equipment and then your sword.

Hope it helps

I think now it's fixed

Quote from: QuentinWhite on July 15, 2012, 05:27:58 pm
EDIT:
This is just a little suggestion. Could it be possible to combine items with weapons, weapons with armor and so on? This will be really useful (combining magical gems with weapons, adding silencers to pistols or reinforcing armor with additional plates.)

I'll try it later (probably after exam)

update to 1.84, now can combine items with weapons or armors

QuentinWhite

Amazing  :haha:

All bugs i've found are gone. And new combining works perfectly. You've done really good job.

EDIT: Found just one small problem.

If you discard few things from your inventory and then hit combine on random item/weapon/armor without exiting the inventory, all your discarted items will apear in your inventory again. But you cant combine anything with them and they will disapear, if you cancel combinig or exit your inventory, so it isnt that much of a problem.