[XP] SILENT HILL: Remembrance

Started by swick, June 14, 2012, 10:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swick

June 14, 2012, 10:49:58 pm Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:05:31 pm by ForeverZer0

Would anyone be willing to collaborate with me on a Silent Hill fangame? I have a bit of content and have a good start to the game if anyone is interested. I have characters and a full plot laid out, some maps, voice actors, etc.

Take a look...

"The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but the one who causes the darkness." - Victor Hugo

About
Silent Hill: Remembrance tells the story of Samuel "Sam" Ashton, a seasoned police officer who had been working on the White Claudia case for quite some time. He was once a happily married family man, but his world was soon ripped apart from the guilt he felt at the death of a young orphan girl from Wish House he was responsible for accidentally shooting. Unable to forget and forgive himself, he unknowingly allowed this guilt to eat him alive and forced him to ignore his wife and child. Eventually his family could no longer deal and left him. Now all he has is his guilt, but can he face it and get out alive?

The game begins in Central Silent Hill, as Sam awakens in a graveyard at the Lutheran Church. He does not remember anything prior to blacking out at the graveyard. Sam wakes up with a severe case of amnesia. He doesn't know where he is, and he doesn't remember his name. He has minor flashbacks, and a voice of a young girl speaking to him in his head. As Sam travels through Silent Hill, he finds clues that slowly reveal everything about his past.

I realize this game may only appeal to Silent Hill fans, but ofcourse even those new to Silent Hill may like it, especially if you're a fan of horror games. The game is still very early in development, but several demos will be released when I feel the time is right. I'm hoping to get suggestions and ideas from fans as to other characters we can add in, and especially monster ideas.

Characters
Emily Whitehouse: Not much is known about Emily, at least to Sam, so most of the projections of her in Silent Hill are simply created aspects of who he thought Emily could be or be like, not how she actually was. Sam has a daughter himself, some of his daughters personality traits is clearly evident in the manifestation of Emily.

Olivia "Liv" Ashton: Sam's ex-wife, who suffered much through Sam's inner struggles. However, Sam hasn't seen Liv in a long time, and still loves her very much, without knowing it. Throughout his journey in Silent Hill, Sam conjures projections of Liv, and she can be seen and heard from time to time. He doesn't know who she is, but he can't help but feel something for her.

Note: More characters will be added.

Features
-Original Tileset using textures ripped from actual Silent Hill games
-Voice acting (For important cutscenes)
-Original soundtrack
-Blizz-ABS
-Radio static (to indicate enemies are nearby.)
-Dynamic sounds

What I'm looking for!
-Story writers
-Pixel Artists
-Character and monster designers
-Voice Actors
We would all be working closely with eachother.

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Current Controls: (can be changed to be used without a mouse):
Up: W
Left: A
Right: S
Down: D

Confirm/Shoot/Pick-up: Left Mouse
Run/Previous: Right Mouse
Switch Weapons: Spacebar

As you can see, it currently plays like a typical computer game.

Gameplay Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uONjFGxCOIk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7h0Cy5Hwfs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Rwqy29PDw&feature=relmfu

Original OSTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgMdwFmg6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHvMO3G79w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2DV6rCG8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFJpcb-q2_k

If you have any questions or wanna try and help me out with one of the positions I have posted up there, please PM.

Cheers!

Landith

June 14, 2012, 10:53:58 pm #1 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:58:22 pm by Landith
Definitely looks interesting. I'll be paying attention to this game.

Also after watching the first gameplay video, you need to fix your circle of light to update when the player gets off the center of the screen or make your maps larger to were he is always in the center of the screen.

swick

Haha yeah I know, I'll probably just end up making the map bigger

Landith

You could also add a little flashlight and make it change with each direction which could add some to the suspenseful aspect of your game. Just a suggestion  :^_^':

Vexus

June 15, 2012, 04:05:20 am #4 Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:28:49 pm by Vexus
I tried doing that but the problem with flashlight images is that the picture's "light" will go over walls making it look bad unless you make it script wise to have same Z value of the player.

[Edit]

I found a script that let's you have some pictures on the map show under the player and walls,etc that have higher priority than your player if you want to check it out OP here it is:

Spoiler: ShowHide
=begin

Pictures Below Characters XP v1.0.1
by Woratana
Port by PK8
Created: 2/22/2009
Ported: 4/25/2012
Modified: 5/5/2012
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
■ Table of Contents
   ○ Introduction & Description                    - Line 17-18
   ○ Features                                      - Line 20-22
   ○ Methods Aliased                               - Line 24-26
   ○ Thanks                                        - Line 28-31
   ○ Changelog                                     - Line 33-37
■ Introduction & Description
   Show pictures above the tiles but underneath the characters on the map.
■ Features
   o Set which pictures would appear under the characters.
   o The selected pictures will appear above tiles but below characters.
■ Methods Aliased
   o Spriteset_Map.initialize
   o Sprite_Picture.update
■ Thanks
   Woratana for making the script this was ported from.
   Polraudio for discovering a bug with the script which made pictures cover
     everything but the player character.
■ Changelog (MM/DD/YYYY)
   v1    (2/22/2009) - Initial release.
   v1 XP (4/25/2012) - Ported to XP.
   v1.0.1(5/05/2012) - Fixes picture over events bug discovered by Polraudio.

=end

#===============================================================================​
# * Configuration
#===============================================================================​
module Picture_Below
  ID_From = 40  # Set from which picture IDs will appear under the characters.
  ID_To   = 40  # Set which picture ID this stops at.
end

#==============================================================================
# ** Spriteset_Map
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class brings together map screen sprites, tilemaps, etc.
#  It's used within the Scene_Map class.

class Spriteset_Map
  #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Alias Listings
  unless method_defined?(:wora_picbelow_initialize)
    alias_method(:wora_picbelow_initialize, :initialize)
  end
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Create Picture Sprite
  def initialize
    wora_picbelow_initialize
    for i in Picture_Below::ID_From..Picture_Below::ID_To
      @picture_sprites[i-1].dispose
      # Create picture below player in viewport1.
      @picture_sprites[i-1] = Sprite_Picture.new(@viewport1,
        $game_screen.pictures[i])
    end
  end
end

# ** Sprite_Picture
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This sprite is used to display the picture.It observes the Game_Character
#  class and automatically changes sprite conditions.

class Sprite_Picture < Sprite
  # * Alias Listings
  unless method_defined?(:wora_picbelow_update)
    alias_method(:wora_picbelow_update, :update)
  end
  # * Frame Update
  def update
    wora_picbelow_update
    self.z = 1 if (@picture.number >=
      Picture_Below::ID_From and @picture.number <= Picture_Below::ID_To)
  end
end
Current Project/s:

azdesign

Nice one, not much horror games out there and this just looks good. Fog, darkness, alone, mystery. Gonna play this definitely.
This should have puzzle-like system just like the silent hill series, combining items, thrilling cutscenes.
Just don't make all monster can be killed easily, that will ruin the atmosphere, like resident evil series, at first, those zombies freak me out, after I got some nice gear and plenty of ammo, I was like 'bring it on!"
Another example is "Amnesia - The Dark Descent". You know what, monsters in this game cannot be killed, and they can kill you in 2 hit. You have to avoid them, or make some kind of distraction to go through.
There must be diary, logs, any note to uncover the truth. Well anyway I'll keep an eye on update.
~ Check out my deviantart http://my-az-design.deviantart.com/ ~

SquareMan

This definitely looks to be pretty awesome, if you need me i can voice act.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Magus

damn. A lot of work put into it xD. Looks really good.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

SquareMan

Quote from: Magus on August 28, 2012, 11:59:17 am
damn. A lot of work put into it xD. Looks really good.

Yeah, unfortunately it was canceled for a 3D version. All of this work to waste...

swick

I still have everything in it's place with this version and I haven't been doing anything with the 3D version, and was thinking of going back to this simply because I can't find enough resources OR people to work on a 3D game, and the RPG Maker XP version is a little more realistic to work on as one person. I'll let you know what happens. :P

fenryo

Hi good visual effect !! but can you put a little more gradient in your hud bar ? so it will be beautifull as the rest.

SquareMan

Quote from: swick on September 12, 2012, 10:22:09 pm
I still have everything in it's place with this version and I haven't been doing anything with the 3D version, and was thinking of going back to this simply because I can't find enough resources OR people to work on a 3D game, and the RPG Maker XP version is a little more realistic to work on as one person. I'll let you know what happens. :P

Awesome! I'm still available for voice acting if you need it.

goatmillsagasix

I have concept ideas and also freelance sound designe. Great monster ideas, scenery ideas, puzzle ideas, overall concepts. Very interested in silent hill franchise. Nervous crying Pyramid dog with tentical face parts. Rotating arm band monster. Hanging cat heads. Strippers in wheelchairs fused to the chair messed up faces. Crippled old man with sharp fangs walks around when you shine light on him his face splits in half and he attacks you with claws.... willow peak. Bringdown. Portrait.  Missing Person.

WhiteRose

Quote from: goatmillsagasix on December 13, 2013, 09:19:24 am
I have concept ideas and also freelance sound designe. Great monster ideas, scenery ideas, puzzle ideas, overall concepts. Very interested in silent hill franchise. Nervous crying Pyramid dog with tentical face parts. Rotating arm band monster. Hanging cat heads. Strippers in wheelchairs fused to the chair messed up faces. Crippled old man with sharp fangs walks around when you shine light on him his face splits in half and he attacks you with claws.... willow peak. Bringdown. Portrait.  Missing Person.

Those sound like some good ideas! :) I think this project is already finished, though. Maybe you could start your own project and put those ideas to use! Have you used RMXP before? By the way, welcome to Chaos Project!

swick

This game isn't even close to being finished. Someday I hope to complete it with the right help. I'm still open to ideas and what not.

WhiteRose

Quote from: swick on December 17, 2013, 01:06:52 pm
This game isn't even close to being finished. Someday I hope to complete it with the right help. I'm still open to ideas and what not.

I'm so sorry! I got your project confused with another one. You're absolutely right. Sorry about that.

swick