Its been a while fellas! a 4 swords type game

Started by Kiwa, August 05, 2012, 10:43:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwa

--------------------READ DOWN TO SKIP PERSONAL STUFF AND GET TO GAME STUFF----------------------
Let me apologize first of all.. I've been absent far to long. I returned home to the states only for 3 months only to return to Japan because.. well..the states is rough atm.
So here I am..back in Japan..using my phone tethered to reach the internet atm after many and many of trial and tribulation.

SAD news....my laptop got a virus from letting a family member use it.. i installed a ad-aware to search and remove it...and apparently my macafee decided it was time to work again after being off for 1 year...and attacked ad-aware...causing a complete lock out.. somehow.. some way.. it ruined
my entire laptop.. i couldn't enter safe mode.. i couldn't enter windows.. nothing..DOS only... or 100% lockout at the windows loading logo
so approximately 5 months of my game ...is gone.
as smart as i am.. i back it all up...

it was the wrong Project 1 apparently.. cuz it was, 1 cave.. in mode 7..lol. yeah wrong project 1.
so back to square 1.

--------------------------GAME STUFF-------------------------------------
what i learned was.. what i was trying alone was far to difficult for me to accomplish on my own.
I'm not a great coder.. far from even average.
and I'm far to impatient to make char sheets.. i can draw them by hand for a template.. but i don't have the patience for making tile sets or char sheets.

I'm planning many games. but first and foremost i want to make an MMO like many others want to. not for money but because i love multi-player games.
my idea is similar to zelda 4 swords type dungeons with bosses like standard MMOs such as WoW, Rift, Aion, swtor, so on so forth. (I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW how it sounds..."OMG another one of THESE?!") but i think that's only cuz you don't see the same thing i do.

In the title i posted 4 swords type game...cuz its more relate-able to that..in an mmo world and dungeons or some areas are instanced such as SWTOR did, with a player cap (only so that there isn't a surplus of people to over flow the dungeons.)
imagine ...you spend all the time to get thru the traps and fight a boss. and 15 people come in and murder it.. no challenge.. no fun.. ya know!?
------------------------------POINT OF POST--------------------------

I'm looking for:
1. artists / art that artists don't mind i use for both TILE sets and CHAR sets.
2. Coders that can modify or create specific codes. (such as ABS addons and more)
3. someone who knows the workings in and out of the Online system (cough blizzard <3 )...if only :P

I'm not looking for full time jobbers here...just looking for some help. im not looking to pay salaries... I want other people who are interested in the same vision I am

by this information i only mean mechanics have more than dodge the laser with roll...hit the guy.. doge the laser with roll..hit the guy. (that's totally zelda)
i want bosses more like..."legacy of kane: soul reaver" or even classic "WoW" stuff.

I have a lot written up in a note book. About 5 pages atm (much more to come) of what my idea is....If people are really interested I can post more details or answer questions specifically.. but I'm a little hesitant off the bat...because well. we all know how it is..."its my game, and it's a unique snow flake....and no one can take it!!!"....   D:   lol.

(tho i guess I've given away enough to picture it.)

if i get nothing than maybe ill abandon the idea. blizzard told me that instanced ideas are bad. lol. i then got to busy with moving to the states and back to japan to read what he said to read.

but if anyone wants to take that challenge with me.. lets do it :P (including you blizzard :P )

I hope that perhaps as a forum team we can put something like this together.. if not ... single player it will be ): (still need coders and pixel artists tho lol)

any questions please ask, or state if truly interested ...ill post more details.