Author Topic: [XP] Heretics Movement Enhancements - Turn or Move Toward or Away From Events  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 29
    • View Profile
Movement Enhancements - Turn or Move Toward or Away From Events
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Movement System
Key Term: Custom Movement System

Introduction

The Default Scripts include buttons to make an Event both Turn and Move Toward or Away From the Player, but lacked the ability to have Events have the same level of interactivity with each other.  This script will allow you to do these things without the need for complex eventing to accomplish the same thing.

Features

• Turn or Move an Event (or Player) either Toward or Away From another Event
  • 100% Compatability with other scripts.
  • Error Messages will be provided in case an Event doesn't exist instead of Crashing your game.

Screenshots

No Screenshots

Demo

http://www.775.net/~heretic/downloads/rmxp/MovementEnhancements.exe

Script

(click to show/hide)

Instructions

Put anywhere in between Scene_Debug and Main.

Compatibility

If you use Heretic's Caterpillar, these features are already built in.  Other than that, this script should be 100% compatible with every script out there.

Author's Notes

Legalese:  This software may not, in whole or in any part, be copied, reproduced, transmitted, translated (into any language, natural or computer), stored in a retrieval system, reduced to any electronic medium or machine readable format, or by any other form or means without prior consent, in writing, from, oh who am I kidding?  Besides, these legal threats are empty.  You can do what ever you want to with this script.  

I dont have a copy of VX or VXA to test this script out on, but I believe it will run on those as well.  If someone wouldnt mind letting me know if they work or not, it would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:05:52 AM by Blizzard »
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 29
    • View Profile
If anyone has the opportunity, would you mind testing this script out on VX and VXA?  I believe it will be compatible, but cant verify since I dont have either VX or VXA...

PS - Thanks Blizzard!
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

karrade

If anyone has the opportunity, would you mind testing this script out on VX and VXA?  I believe it will be compatible, but cant verify since I dont have either VX or VXA...

PS - Thanks Blizzard!

Just to confirm, using Ace, I receive the error:

Script 'Game_Character' line 180: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method 'turn_right' for #<Game_Event:0x9bd94a4>

I am using it as a move route script, on its own. The ID is correct, its on the same map. I've tried autorun and parallel process.

This is what the two lines of script look like in the move route.

turn_toward_event(046)
move_toward_event(046)

Thank you for any help.

Offline LiTTleDRAgo

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 514
    • View Profile
    • ~
(click to show/hide)

by the way, 46 != 046

print 46 #=> 46
print 046 #=> 38