Extra Credits

Started by Blizzard, September 25, 2012, 08:00:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Extra Credits is a show that tackles different topics in gaming and game development from a very different angle that you are usually used to. They offer some insight and very useful information for game developers and those who want to become such. http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/show/extra-credits

I highly recommend the show as secondary educational material (even though you can also watch it for entertainment value, but not all episodes might resonate with you in that case).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

September 25, 2012, 06:48:32 pm #1 Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:51:40 pm by Ryex
I personally found great insights in the series and it allowed my to think quite deeply on how one designs a game and what makes it good.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I specifically liked the continuous idea that games may become an art form. It's true, there are really games that have more art than entertainment value.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

IMHO, that is exactly what Final Fantasy 13 felt like to me.  More art than fun from playing.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Calintz

"MagnaCarta: Tears of Blood" for Playstation 2 had this effect on me.