Why did never try using ruby 1.9.3 instead of ruby 1.9.2?

Started by Ryex, December 14, 2012, 11:18:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I've been doing some research lately and it looks like 1.9.3 is about 20% faster than 1.9.2 and loads the VM and libs about 30% faster

No idea if it will be a problem to embed never looked at that.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I just haven't had time to set up a convenient way to be able to update and build Ruby whenever I please. Also, I barely remember the few fixes/changes I did on the source, because we had some problems with it. If you remember, there was the bug with "changing" the superclass of a class when you redeclare it. I may set all of that up when the are close to the release.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

ah, well it's not like it's urgent, I sure ARC will be plenty fast as it is just something to keep in mind for release time or if it proves to be a problem then a future release.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />