[XP-Resolved] How can I create a form in Windows7 to manage Object of RGSS ?

Started by fenryo, December 18, 2012, 06:52:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fenryo

Hi guys!!
sory for my english I usully speak french in fact. So I am a newbie here (but old maker) and you are very great everyone. I want to know how people like foreverzERO do "extensions" for RMXP like this

in his  CCTS there
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6346.0.html

Because I have created my own item database (with my own class, I don't use RMXP Item class) and a lot of stuff in my game but I have created my form "into" RMXP and it is a little bit harsh to manage it (enter the game, speak to a guy, lauch the scene) and the ergonomic is.... see yourself

So I want to know the tools to be able to do this "outside" of RMXP like foreverzero do. As far that I have see with my little "sharingan" it seems that there is maybe the trick :

• 1-Create a form with Microsoft .Net and Ironruby on a IDE (don't know which one let call it IDE_OUTSIDE)  

• 2-Import (I don't know how) the RGSS core classes and modules (Bitmap, sprite, etc)

• 3-Since we have import RGSS core classes and modules we are now ready to work on rxdata files with the simply sava_data and load_data function we have

• 4- Import our project's scripts which are stored in rxdata files so we can have our personal class on the IDE_OUTSIDE

• 4- Create our Ruby object with our form values

• 5- Save it in rxdata files with the save_data of RGSS we have imported in 2

So anyone can tell me if it is the good way and how I can do to pass de steps (who is this mysterious IDE_OUTSIDE guys? Windev? Eclipse? NetBeans?)

I don't really wait for a script to do that but the links for tutorials, ressources and tools to make it myself. Thanks a looot.

G_G

All you need are:
-Visual Studio. I recommend 2008 or 2010.
-Like you said, IronRuby.
-As far as core classes go, all you need are the classes from the RPG module.
-save_data and load_data are not native methods inside Ruby, they are native methods within RMXP. So you'll have to create these yourself.

Or if you wanted to save some troubles with IronRuby, since at times it can be difficult to work with. Especially if you have IronRuby that has a different Ruby version than RMXP. It won't save the data properly and RMXP won't be able to read it. If you have the slightest clue on how to write your own file format, you'd be good to go. Just read/write the files as binary files. For example, the first couple of bytes within the file are the file header. Then what you can do is read the file until the end.
Write File Header
For Loop Items
-Write Byte marking Item (1 byte)
-Write Item Id (probably 4 bytes)
-Write Item Name Length (4 bytes)
-Write Item Name (X Bytes)
etc...

Then you can simply read it back the same way.
Open File, Check Header
Read a single byte until the end of file
If byte matches the byte marked as Item
-Read 4 Bytes for the id
-Read 4 bytes for the string length
-Read above result to get the item name
-etc...

fenryo

Hi gameus,
Thanks for the reply. I think I have the good version of Iron ruby since I will take the one of Gemini. I think I can get the RGSS Core Ruby script somewhere to include it in Visual studio and Iron ruby  so I wiill be able to have my RMXP Basis class. I wimm try to ask personnaly to foreverZero if he can answer me there how he do

Blizzard

ForeverZer0 hasn't been active here for some time, but he already explained it somewhere to us how he did it. Gameus already posted that. If I remember F0 actually did try to serialize the data using Marshall, but IronRuby's Marshal module was different for some reason and the format was actually incompatible with RMXP's Marshal.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fenryo

QuoteForeverZer0 hasn't been active here for some time, but he already explained it somewhere to us how he did it. Gameus already posted that. If I remember F0 actually did try to serialize the data using Marshall, but IronRuby's Marshal module was different for some reason and the format was actually incompatible with RMXP's Marshal.

Ha ok. I will try to find where he explained it so. If you know in what section I can search Blizaard-sama it will be great. I have write him a personnal message which redirect him there if he see that. so don't close the topic now please. If I find a way I will explain it to everyone there also

Ryex

it was my understanding that F0 wrote a C# serializer for the ruby marshal format to get around IronRuby's failures
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fenryo

And nobody knows where he put that serializer before his legendary disapearence? loool  :^_^':

Ryex

Actually I just looked at the code for Gemini he used IronRuby's Marshal it was the fact that deflate in Ironruby's Zlib was buggy that tripped him up and he got around that but using the .NET Zlib's deflate
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fenryo

OOOOOOOOOOKKKKAYY we keep it oon so I must use the Zlib deflate no jutsu thanks !! I have download sharpdevelop and iron ruby. I am in front of that like the cat in front of tv (and I am sure this cat know what is going on more than me) hahaha but it is always like this when we begin a nex field. Thanks continue to show me possibilities you are great !!
Really I hope I will help also one day !!

fenryo

After a week in hell to try to understand all this stuff I finally find my way I hope with WXRUBY

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Using_GUI_Designers

I also use wxformbuilder as GUI designer for the formular it seems it export parameters as xml that I can afetr import with wxruby.
I think I will use it instead of Iron ruby and .Net (too complicated to do the conversion stuff) So thank you everyone
once I mastered the thing I will surely post tutorials on the website for everyone.  :)