Push/Pull Object System

Started by Intersection, December 18, 2012, 09:11:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Intersection

I need to be able to push and pull objects around for my game; for example a crate, and I have the pushing part done, but not the pulling part. How do I make it?

KK20

Easiest way, but probably not the best way, is to make it where the event is triggered by Player Touch. If the player presses the 'C' button, the player moves backwards and the object moves Toward the Player. If the player runs into the object, the object moves Away from the Player.

Don't forget to add in things like "Wait for Move's Completion" and "Un/Lock Facing".

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

I'll work on something right now, because I'm going to need it for my game anyways.

Vexus

Here:

Spoiler: ShowHide

You can change which buttons to press when pulling or pushing and well walla! (This way also doesn't give an error or game getting stuck when you try to push or pull and there is nowhere you can move)

You're welcome :)
Current Project/s:

Zexion

That's so wierd. I had mine set up exactly like that, and it didn't work...

Vexus

December 23, 2012, 07:28:48 am #5 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:45:53 am by Vexus
It works on mine.

But I noticed I cropped the picture wrong and there are 2 else under player is facing left event, there should be only one.

Note, this is done in common event then called in the event you need it. (Well that's how I made it work)

[Edit]

Forgot to say, you need to hold Z and press enter to make it go backwards.
Current Project/s:

KK20

December 23, 2012, 02:34:34 pm #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:47:46 pm by KK20
I was trying to think of a way where you hold C next to the object and press in the opposite direction to pull it. Found out that it's a lot more complex than it first seems.
500 posts get!

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Intersection

Oh  god I completely forgot to reply here I thought the reply was sent.

I resolved this with KK20's method.