Play BGM after battle where it left off

Started by ArcaneAlchemy, January 11, 2013, 06:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcaneAlchemy

I am sure that I have seen something about a continuous BGM before but I was wondering if there was a good way to return to the BGM where it left off after a battle. I am a ruby programmer, so I would prefer a RGSS scripting based answer and I would imagine that in this case, it would probably have to be. Anyway, I am thinking of something like a pause feature, but I am not sure how to do that or how to initiate the music again as soon as the scene returns to the map. Anyway, I know there is a ninja on here that will figure it out faster than me so thanks in advance :). If I figure it out before that though, I'll go ahead and post it here
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

KK20

Pretty sure this has been asked for countless times and there are numerous scripts that do this.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

G_G

In order for this to work, you would need to rewrite the Audio module and use a custom library. ForeverZer0 did something similar that relied on using Microsofts audio library, however, his method wasn't sure to work the same on every system. You can write your own Audio module using a library such as fmod or something similar, you'll just have to call upon a bunch of Win32api calls. But there's no real way to do it right now and it won't be something as simple as a small snippet either. You might be able to find a script over at HBGames.org, I think I saw someone recreate the Audio module over there before.

ArcaneAlchemy

January 11, 2013, 09:00:49 pm #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:53:25 pm by gameus
Okay, that's what I needed to hear. Yeah, I think that the module rewrite is the way to go in the event that someone wants to run on a Linux or Mac. I'll check out that site and hopefully resolve the issue.

EDIT:
Ah, the only stuff I found was tinkering with the registry which boots out any possible cross-compatibility. Oh well, Windows only for now. If I get a wild hair, I might try and figure out my own solution that will add a pause feature. Anyway, here is the link I found for anyone else who is looking for it.

http://www.santuariorpgmaker.com/forum/index.php?topic=5174

Please don't double post within a 24 hour period, thanks! ~ gameus

ArcaneAlchemy

I feel like such a tard. Forever Zero has something right on here far beyond what I even dreamed of. Sorry for the waste of time.