Author Topic: [XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games  (Read 83059 times)

Offline KK20

• Master Scripter Fixer
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 372
  • Bringer of Salt
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games
« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »
I remember in like an early iteration I tried experimenting with that, but never got anything to work I think. It'd definitely benefit in alpha blending, as I found here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/1102810

But I think we should test first if this is present in vanilla VXA so that I'm not wasting my time (and yes, it has to be VXA since we're using RGSS3. XP won't help us here).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP AceUpgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA TilemapTilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

NNID: KK20-CP
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901
Join the CP Discord Server

Offline BoisterousHero

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
I remember in like an early iteration I tried experimenting with that, but never got anything to work I think. It'd definitely benefit in alpha blending, as I found here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/1102810

But I think we should test first if this is present in vanilla VXA so that I'm not wasting my time (and yes, it has to be VXA since we're using RGSS3. XP won't help us here).
I agree, I don't want to be responsible for time wasting. I'll take a look in VXA and see if I can replicate the problem.

Also, I have a couple different machines/operating systems I can test on. My primary machine is a powerhouse, so I don't think it's a resource issue. It has a dedicated GPU, so I will also test that vs my laptop that only uses on-board.

Offline BoisterousHero

• Awakened Visionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »
Looks like it's present in Vanilla VXA. Didn't have to put much effort into it--made a 50x50 and slapped a bunch of tiles down and the stutter is still there. Will check on an alternate machine to make sure.

Offline BoisterousHero

• Awakened Visionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
Update: While the slight stuttering is present in VXA and XPA, the massive lag spikes I was getting in my own game were unrelated. Turns out it was an outdated version of Ryex's dynamic sound? Weird!

I do still get those slight stutters, but I had some folks reporting they don't get them. I need to test on some other machines to see if it's a problem with my computer, at this point.