Minor Tech Suggestion Thread

Started by Ryex, March 25, 2013, 09:17:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

This thread if for suggesting minor fixes that will not necessarily "fix" anything but may sill imporove game experience. If you dont feel your suggestion would fit as a full bug report, and would not add a new feature/pokemon/anything to the game, post it here.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

Suggestion: The size of the font used to render player's names above their heads should be made smaller and or the sprite used to display them have it's height increased.

Reason: Names with lowercase hanging tails are cutoff ie the y in Ryexander looks like a v. that and they are too big, any number of players on the screen over 5 and it begins to look too cluttered.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aegisrox

Hi Ryex! Thanks for the Minor Tech Suggestion Thread! is a good idea! :D

I will fix the font size in the next fixed version!

Thanks for the report!

Regards

Aegis

Crushing girls in the vanishing point......

Blizzard

I noticed the username thing, but we forgot to write it down. xD
You should be able to use the same font size like in the chatbox without problems.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aegisrox

Dont worry! Already fixed! I will release a fix later with the new font size :D

Regards

Ryex

March 26, 2013, 03:05:55 pm #5 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:13:33 pm by Ryex
you should apply the same fix to the Guild name. also, I would move the text down a bit closer to the player's head

Suggestion: get disconnected player sprite removed form the map a soon as they disconnect
Spoiler: ShowHide

as you can see, chat says Blizzard has disconnected but his sprite will remain until you exit and re enter the map, while this is not a super important feature, it would be nice, just to make sure people don't get confused.

Blizzard

The guild name also seems to have a duplicate sprite that never goes away.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aegisrox

Sure, i will fix the Guild tag name, also thanks to wizered i have an script that works better and allow to others players to see your guild name :D

For the Sprite refresh i think i have an idea how to do it, but i need to confirm it with Blizzard!

Thanks for the report, it will be include in the next version!

Regards

Blizzard

March 28, 2013, 10:44:09 am #8 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:27:11 pm by Blizzard
The Sprout Tower still has no battle music.
Also, have you talked with Markz about using my passability check script for testing of all maps?

EDIT: I came across 2 interesting errors. The first is that the RMX-OS Main script is faulty. :P Every crash will be shown as "cannot convert nil to String". Open the RMX-OS script and change "message" to "error" at the end of line 23.

The other is that the game bugs out if you close if after all of your pokemon have fainted. When you log back in, you're still in the same spot on the map, but all your pokemon are fainted and the game will crash if you try to enter a battle. My suggestion is that auto-saving on exit is disabled. Only using the Logout menu option should the game save and disconnect.

EDIT: A trainer in Azalea's gym said "Woah, you saved all the Slowpoke!", but I didn't do that dungeon yet.

EDIT: You can walk on the big pokeballs in Azalea gym.

EDIT: The second trainer in the well didn't approach me.

EDIT: The third trainer is named "???" and the fourth one "?". xD

WhiteRose

Not exactly a tech issue, but I did notice a few minor spelling and grammar errors in the game script. I'd be happy to go through and help polish up some of those mistakes sometime, if you'd like, Aegis. :)