Author Topic: [XP] Blinking Characters  (Read 2650 times)

Offline mad.array

• Trained Member
  • LV: 7
  • Homeless Dev
    • View Profile
[XP] Blinking Characters
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
Blinking Characters
Authors: mad.array
Version: 1.1
Type: Game_Character Add-On
Key Term: Environment Add-on

Introduction

A script that automatically checks all Game_Events/Game_Characters to see if they have a blinking sprite and makes said events blink. Options can be changed to change blink rate and to force eyes open/closed.

Features

• Make people blink
  • Control how often they blink
  • Make certain events not blink at all or have their eyes closed or open for however long you like.

Screenshots
Since when do I do screenshots?

Demo

Scripty goodness below.

Script

Place above Main, but below default scripts. To make characters blink you will need a graphic named the same as the normal character, but with the Suffix _Blink. So for Aluxes/Arshes/Default guy you would need the following:

001-Fighter01.png # The regular graphic.
001-Fighter_Blink.png # The blinking graphic.
(click to show/hide)

Instructions
Again I'm using my favourite Event Control system, the Move Route. The blinking will work by default but if you want to refine the system then call a script command. You now have two options:

'blink_refresh(frames)'

Use this to change how often the character/event blinks. There is a random factor involved so it won't be exact. By default, this is set to 80 frames (4 seconds), but feel free to change this to whatever you want.

'blink_set_state(state)'

There are technically five options for state, but you should only ever need to use two.

0 = Forced eyes open
3 = Forced eyes closed

So if you set up a Move Route for the player and had a script call with 'blink_set_state(3)' your player would be running around with their eyes wide shut until you changed it.

Compatibility

Aliases update in Game_Character, so will probably have conflicts with systems that alter the player graphic.

Credits and Thanks

• Mine... all mine!

Author's Notes

For your convenience, here are some blinking sprites for the RTP charsets. Just place them in Graphics/Characters.
http://www.filedropper.com/blinking
"To walk at speed, manage or oversee..."

"RUN!"