over a year of gameplay

Started by phillip1756, May 05, 2013, 06:15:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip1756

would you play a game where the gameplay lasted say, 438 days?

winkio

yes, if it was interesting.  As it is, developers have problems keeping things interesting for over 60-100 hours, so I don't see how they will be able to make a year's worth of gameplay any time soon.

Zexion

Well you could take a series and just mash it all together lol

phillip1756

Quote from: winkio on May 05, 2013, 06:53:28 pm
yes, if it was interesting.  As it is, developers have problems keeping things interesting for over 60-100 hours, so I don't see how they will be able to make a year's worth of gameplay any time soon.

say for example its kind of like a open world modern life sim/rpg where you start from like 7 years old and can live to a max of like 80 depending on how you lived your life.

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: phillip1756 on May 06, 2013, 02:40:32 am

say for example its kind of like a open world modern life sim/rpg where you start from like 7 years old and can live to a max of like 80 depending on how you lived your life.

I have thought of that idea myself, you would have to incorporate a lot of different elements into the game to make it interesting enough for someone to even want to play it for that extreme of a time. Like a lot of things to fill your time in the game so it stayed interesting and rewarding enough to keep you hooked and playing. I like the idea of a sim/rpg.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

phillip1756

Quote from: Seltzer Cole on May 06, 2013, 02:43:48 am

I have thought of that idea myself, you would have to incorporate a lot of different elements into the game to make it interesting enough for someone to even want to play it for that extreme of a time. Like a lot of things to fill your time in the game so it stayed interesting and rewarding enough to keep you hooked and playing. I like the idea of a sim/rpg.

kind of like a mix of the sims, harvest moon, and GTA, with some rpg elements.

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: phillip1756 on May 06, 2013, 02:54:29 am
Quote from: Seltzer Cole on May 06, 2013, 02:43:48 am

kind of like a mix of the sims, harvest moon, and GTA, with some rpg elements.

I have heard of rpg harvest moon and considering harvest moon is in a small way simish, idk how you would throw GTA in the mix lmao. GTA as in vehicles and crime, as in modern times? So you are talking about a kid living his life...on a farm...sim style...whilst having a car and heading to the city to cause crime with his street gang. lol i demand a plot!
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0