Author Topic: Launcher Troubleshooting  (Read 1868 times)

Offline G_G

• Green Gmod Game_Guy AKA G4 AKA hyper-G AKA G-force
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 407
    • View Profile
Launcher Troubleshooting
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:12:08 AM »
Launcher Troubleshooting

For people having issues Updating/Launching the game, it should be a simple fix. Awhile ago I updated the code in the Launcher to fix a file write bug that would prevent the Launcher from writing to Game.exe several times. Etc... etc...
Anyways, since the Launcher itself can't update itself, this had to be a manual update. I do believe that the new installer that Aegis made includes the updated launcher, but if you're still having issues with the launcher, post here.

Common Issues

Problem: "Can't access file because its in use by another process"
This is the fix that I had done to the launcher.
Solution:
Download the new "Launcher.exe" here and go into your installation directory and replace it with the old Launcher.

Problem: "Launcher doesn't have permission to write file" (or something along those lines)
The launcher should detect if it can't write to Game.exe because it's in a protected folder e.g. Program Files folder and then it asks you to run the program as an administrator. I didn't really test it that much but on the off chance you do run into this error, just follow the solution below.
Solution:
Right Click Launcher.exe, then click Run As Administrator, you only have to do this when there is an available update to the game.

If you run into any other issues, don't hesitate to post. But please make sure the problem is related to the launcher. Thank you!

A1Tang

Re: Launcher Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
Positives:

Launcher Updates Game

Negatives:

Regardless of whatever action I take next such as running as administrator or whatever, the game won't run.

My Computer Specs:
(click to show/hide)

Error Message & Details:

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:50:03 AM by gameus »

Miky

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 03:44:41 AM »
same error please how fix? i dont see the login screen after click start game

Offline Aegisrox

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: 6
  • Looking for inner peace, together with all :3
    • View Profile
    • Pokemon Remexos
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:49:11 AM »
same error please how fix? i dont see the login screen after click start game

Miky this is a old topic, for help you send me a private message on the facebook of pokemonremexosonline

I hope your answer ;)

Regards

Aegis
Crushing girls in the vanishing point......