Author Topic: Your Life Here  (Read 25654 times)

Offline Ryex

• Arctic Bird of Programming
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 197
  • Wants to write a compiler for fun
    • View Profile
Re: Your Life Here
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2017, 07:36:05 PM »
Believe it or not caffeine is in the same category as asprin, it's literally just a don't fall asleep yet keep the blood flowing drug. I avoid the sugar/calorie filled caffeine sources best I can. I'm almost always using the sugar free or zero calorie options so I know it's not a sugar rush. And I'm not kidding when I say I've never had much of an effect at all from it. But starting about 2 weeks ago it was suddenly effective like nothing ever has been. Perhaps it's just waking me up enough that I can take full advantage of the medication. I was actually warned, now that I think about it, that the medication would boot the effects of caffeine. Which is odd as they have no official interactions.

However, to put this in perspective. Yesterday around 15:00 I started working on catch up of all my physics homework staring recent and working back. They are written assignments 4 (largely multi part)  questions a piece. The first one on magnetic fields and current. It included a AC generator problem. It took me till 21:30 to finish. That's 6 and a half hours. That length of focus has always been a struggle, normally I stop and browse email or the web in the middle. So the fact that it wasn't even a problem, didn't even get frustrated with the amount of time it was taking.

Then I went and followed it up with an all nighter of nothing but one assignment after another. I not happy I had to do it but it's a dam miracle I was able to focus that long without burning out.
In the last 7 days I've effectively been more productive than the entirety of the last 4 months.
I'm going to need to address the sleep problem soon though 4-5 isn't enough by a long shot.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »
That's fantastic! I'm glad things are finally working out for you. :)

Yeah, the sleep thing can be nasty. I just got out of a weird period where I had trouble sleeping all night even though I barely consumed any caffeine. I would go to sleep normally so that I can get 8 hours of sleep. But instead I'd wake up easily 7-8 times during the night being either thirsty or needing to go to the toilet. On top of that I would wake up an hour before my alarm usually goes off and then I couldn't fall asleep again. There was the daylight saving switch around that time, but the clock was moved one hour forward, not backward. #_#
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline Ryex

• Arctic Bird of Programming
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 197
  • Wants to write a compiler for fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »
 well, It's kinda sorta official. for the first time in 4+ years, I've actually passed every class, I enrolled in!
kinda. I don't actually know the final grades in any of the classes but I have reason to suspect that two are passing and one is actually good. this... I.. I don't actually know how to feel about this.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2017, 07:40:32 AM »
Congratz! :D I'm really happy for you! :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.