Clones

Started by Blizzard, June 27, 2013, 09:11:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

I was reading more into cloning and thought since they have found soft tissue in dinosaur fossils ( yes it is true go look it up).
Be cool to have a actual Jurassic Park type place, I think these scientist could pull it off, if they manage to clone with just a drop of blood.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

"Jurassic Park" is probably the best reason why this shouldn't be tried. xD Dinosaurs went extinct for a reason.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

I fail to larn from past mistakes, I would definitely clone a dinosaur, but try to some how make it intelligent enough to obey only me(wishful thinking), but they really should try to clone some species that humans have made extinct,maybe it will help "try" ti repair nature.

Blizzard

July 13, 2013, 10:38:41 am #4 Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:40:24 am by Blizzard
Actually the more intelligent a species, the less likely they are to learn to obey. For instance, it is much more difficult to teach a cat than a dog because cats and more intelligent.

I think that the main problem is that all we know about dinosaurs is theory. What if they reproduces asexually for some reason? Or what if they couldn't survive unless they had a lot of food and thus would damage their surrounding ecosystem? There are far too many questions and facts as opposed to theories to make something like a Jurassic Park so soon.

I don't think people should meddle that much with nature. It's very easy to mess something up. e.g. When somebody brought a couple of rabbits to Australia, now they have multiplied because they have no natural enemies and they have damaged the ecosystem there.

Spoofus

I see your point, but what I had in mind would be to start with something very small and study it in a closed environment to monitor how they do and act according to their feeding behavior and breeding habits and so on. also on a side note, I think it kind of would make sense if dinosaurs bred asexually like some species today do, I really have a hard time seeing them mating seeing how large a lot of them were.

But cloning something along the lines of a Triceratops or Deinonychus (velociraptor) is just asking for trouble.

Lobstrosity

Curse those rabbits...

I don't think scientists would be silly enough to let dinosaurs loose in the environment as Spoofus pointed out; they would most definitely study them in a closed off environment. Also, I don't think it would make sense if dinosaurs bred asexually because of their size. xD I can't imagine something that large going crazy with its reproduction. It's kind of a natural rule; that smaller things seem to have a lot more children. But then again... alligators. Yet nature keeps them in order by killing off all but a few of the offspring. Eh, we'll see when it happens. THE DINOSAURS WILL RULE ONCE MORE *Starts dinosaur cult*
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Blizzard

Now the only questions is what environment size is not "too small". xD

Tazero

Attach a pound of c4 to them when a child, in the event of escape you will have slightly charred Dino-Bits :D

If you were a fish...

Spoofus

July 13, 2013, 02:09:02 pm #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:10:27 pm by Spoofus
The size of the environment would depend on the species and what it ate, from what I have read on animals in general, herbivores need a much larger territory as to not eat all the vegetation in the area,and a carnivores territory is dependent on the main source prey.

example of a herbivore dinosaur enclosure would have to be rather large, I would say for that is small you would need a the enclosure to be at least 8 football fields minimum and that is a rough guess, that way you can provide various plants to see see what type it eats the most of and what makes them sick and so forth.

as for a small carnivorous dinosaur you would maybe need a enclosure the length of at least 2 football fields maybe 3, since you would more than likely providing the food for it in the event of studying it by placing livestock in the enclosure (not chained down) so you can study it's hunting habits.

and in the event they do escape you can have a collar with a device that that would eject a fast acting poison or something if it gets outside of a certain range.

Lobstrosity

Why invent time travel when we can bring the past to us? But yeah... about keeping them alive... There would be many failed attempts. Whether it's weather/climate factors or disease. For all we know, they could require certain nutrients from other species that existed at their time and so the food that we have for them may be inadequate or evoke disease. Dinosaurs have been dead for a long time. If we bring them back, their immune systems are going to have to develop like crazy.

But if they somehow manage to keep these guys alive, it could work very well for studying evolutionary development. Those scientists will have more than just bones to work with. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES. We would be able to clone dead people. Well, not exactly clone... but because it's taken from the same cell with the same encoding, they would share many common traits with the person. They would be able to visit their former grave. That's crazy. I could clone Blizzard and then lock it in my dungeon (getting off track - away from the dinosaurs here ._.). The possibilities are endless.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Spoofus

see I could not clone people I would do horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE things more than likely.

Lobstrosity does make a valid point on keeping them alive, I would suggest cloning small prey for a carnivorous dinosaur that would be found in the era it lived in and the habit they were both found in to see if they did in fact have to have certain nutrients,same  could be said for the herbivores, but they would be harder to feed if that were the case now that I think about it, if they could only survive on the plant life found in the time period they lived in, which you know would probably have way different nutrients than the plant we have today.

Zexion

Hmm... so what if someone had a blood transfusion... would it make a clone of the two people fused together o.o