Photoshop has a 30,000 Pixel Size Limit?

Started by Heretic86, October 09, 2013, 10:40:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

October 09, 2013, 10:40:11 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:41:17 pm by Heretic86
I was trying to screw around with Exiled One's Master Tileset and couldnt open it with Photoshop 7 or Gimp.  I wanted to edit the Shadows so that they were Transparent instead of the hard solid colors as they are in that Tileset, but more importantly, I just want the ability to edit it.  His Master Tileset Graphic appears to be about 45,000 Pixels Tall!  Its a PNG.  Does anyone know how to overcome this 30k Pixel Size Limit?  Another version of PS?  Another program that isnt garbage?  

Suggestions?

(Note: This is not specifically related to RPG maker...)
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

bigace

October 09, 2013, 11:40:12 pm #1 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:42:03 pm by bigace

As the image states above from my Adobe Photoshop CS5, going pass this limit won't work on any version older than the Creative Suite series. So you'll have to upgrade or get another software to exceed 30,000 pixels

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

Zexion

I just tried it on GIMP, and there is no limit. It shows a warning, but that's it.

Heretic86

Gimp had a limit, but just needed to be updated.  Not my program of choice so I just never updated it.

Fixed.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

Did you end up getting an updated photoshop or just re-dl gimp?

Heretic86

I just redownloaded.

I wasnt impressed with it last time, but this time it appears to be much more impressive, at least compared to my version of photoshop being older than fossilized dino-turds.  And its Free!  Funny how the free stuff sometimes is better than expensive crap!
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: