RPGmaker VX Ace LITE Portable?

Started by PortableItPLZ, October 15, 2013, 10:10:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PortableItPLZ

Dear users and members of chaos-project,

I have already noticed that ForeverZer0 created VX & XP to be portable, but sadly; I also do not have MONEY to buy the full deal nor do I enjoy playing the trial versions.

This being said, can anyone do the exact same thing ForeverZer0 did and turn RPGmaker VX Ace LITE into a portable program as well. I do understand that this program is FREE and has limits, but it is actually easier for me to use and design games with.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/free-programs/rpg-maker-vx-ace-lite

So, if any of you scripters and C++ editors are as talented as ForeverZer0, I would highly appreciate this being done. I know it is probably a lot to ask, but seriously; not all of us have the money to buy the full program and not all of us really want to take the time and effort getting an ILLEGAL program to get what we want.

Secondly, not all of us can INSTALL programs onto a computer; simply because not all of us have a computer of our own. All the work I do is from the library and from my college, so I would appreciate having this made PORTABLE.
Bleeding Cross (by Lagoon-Sadnes) on Deviantart

G_G

It's not that hard to do. And it doesn't take a talented scripter or programmer to do it. I'll do it after work today, all it requires is an empty operating system (just makes things easier) and vmware thinapp.

PortableItPLZ

Quote from: gameus on October 15, 2013, 03:49:10 pm
It's not that hard to do. And it doesn't take a talented scripter or programmer to do it. I'll do it after work today, all it requires is an empty operating system (just makes things easier) and vmware thinapp.

Thanks a million Gameus, its good to know that there is someone out there willing to help. I have already been to about 10 different programming websites and such... so far, you're the first person who was like "Yeah, I can do that for you."

Every other person pretty much told me (in different words of course), "Nope, you can eat **** and die."
Bleeding Cross (by Lagoon-Sadnes) on Deviantart

PhoenixFire

Nah, then they're morons. Actually, almost any program can be made portable with thinapp, well, within reason of course. I've seen three "portablize it" requests from you so far, and it may be something you might find useful to learn as well. The program basically images your computer before and after installation of the program you want to make portable, to determine what needs to be made portable. It's a very easy program to use, and there's probably a portable version of it by now too =p
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

Which he could do, but let's go back to why he requested portable programs. He doesn't have admin rights on any of the computers he can use, so he can't install thinapp nor can he actually use thinapp himself.