[XP] Easy Party Switcher

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:30:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

KK20 basically already said it. Something is off and without a demo we can't really do much. Let us know if you can figure out what's wrong. To me it seems that for some reason the actor doesn't exist which is odd because when calling $game_actors[ID], the actor should be created at that point.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Skitzen

IT was a script error. My friend, who helps me out a bit accidentally edited a few lines of code. I modified it and now it works fine.

Slime55

Hi, I like your script and it saved me a lot of time so thank you in first.
But i want add a specific option, an option that allow 1 member of party to take more than 1 place, example > Like in Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2 and Prof. 
picture >> http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00036/00036015_247.htm, the monsters in the right.
So i want to know wich spcific line i need to change to have that result ?
Thank you and sorry if they're mistakes due to my non-english sentences

Echo Nine

This script is amazing!

I only need one thing. I am trying to make my game similar to the way pokemon works. So basically what I am trying to do is make it so you can only have one creature out on the field at a time (I have done this part) but when you go to switch there will only be monsters in your current party. At the moment I have started a new project, made the initial party only consist of one actor, but when I open up the party switch menu I can switch out the only actor in the party with all of the other actors that are available. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there some bit of code I can fix? I don't want the other options grayed out, I'd rather them to not be an option at all until someone joins the party.

I'm not very good at coding. Thank you so much for the script though! Hard to find a good one like this now days.   :)

Blizzard

If you are trying to actually make a pokemon game, you'd be best off with using the Pokemon Starter Kit. It has everything you need.

If you need just a similar functionality, check out the demo. It explains which script calls you can use to gradually enable actors to be selectable in the party switcher.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Echo Nine

September 20, 2013, 09:44:24 pm #225 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:15:47 pm by Echo Nine
Ah yes you can delete people from he party using the script code. The game I am making is much much different from pokemon, it just has a very similar fighting style.

Thanks so much for the script, credits to you :D.

Edit: Actually I have a question. Is there a way to make it so once you change out an actor can it not change the sprite graphic? Basically I want to have the player keep the same sprite through out the game no matter who is in the party. I could make it so that each character has the same sprite but that will be confusing when you are trying to find a certain monster.

Blizzard

The map character sprite and the battle sprite are separate so you actually can make them all have the same map character sprite.

Echo Nine

Hmm well what I am doing at the moment is having only one character in the party at all times, if I don't make an event that changes the sprite of it, it reverts to the set sprite of the only party member, I am trying to keep the sprite on the map the same no matter who is in the party. If I change all of their sprites to the same one it looks odd, I'm trying to make it look similar to the way pokemon does it. I keep referring back to it but that's the only game I can think of that does this :P.

Sorry if I am being annoying, I'm just not sure at what to do.  :shy:

Blizzard

Actually I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish. xD Maybe this will do. Add this script below the party switcher. Call the set graphic event command on the player and it should stay.

class Game_Player
  def refresh
  end
end

Echo Nine

Wow that works perfectly now! It was sorta hard to explain my point but you solved it :).

There is an issue though when it comes to having only one character in the party, even if you have other characters ready to be switched out, once your actor on the field dies you lose the game, instead of bringing up the switch menu. If all the actors are dead then it should give a game over. Anything I can do to change that?

Blizzard

Yeah, you will need an additional piece of script for that. Best you post a script request. Make sure to mention that it should work with the party switcher properly.

Echo Nine

Tepe

November 28, 2022, 05:23:52 pm #232 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:43:07 pm by Tepe Reason: Link to image.
Hello Blizzard.

Do You have idea how to fix bug in this script?
I wanna hidden or remove Window_BattleStatus and Window_Help in Battle Mode when Party Switcher is active.

KK20

Seems to be caused by this (note, it's present in classes Window_Reserve and Window_HelpStatus)
    if scene == Scene_Map && $game_system.order_only ||
        scene == Scene_Battle && $game_system.battle_order_only
      self.opacity = 128
    end
When I have $game_system.battle_order_only set to true, I can partially reproduce what you have there.

Window_Current doesn't have this logic, so I'm not sure why your screenshot shows the left window with halved opacity too.

I don't particularly understand the reasoning behind this opacity change, so you could just remove it.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Tepe

November 28, 2022, 09:42:09 pm #234 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:52:59 pm by Tepe
I don't wanna remove opacity because it is most important for me.

I wanna only remove window_battlestatus and window_help under windowskin.

KK20

Set in script:

# allows switching the party in battle
BATTLE_SWITCH = true

Find in script:

@current_window = Window_Current.new

Add after:

@current_window.back_opacity = 100

Find

@reserve_window = Window_Reserve.new(@scene)

Add after:

@reserve_window.back_opacity = 100

Find:

@help_window = Window_HelpStatus.new(@reserve_window.getactor(0), @scene)

Add after:

@help_window.back_opacity = 100

I added custom background for this module and I solved this problem with z-index method but it still not exactly what I want.

Before z-index:

After z-index:

KK20

You can just make the two windows invisible right before switching to the PartySwitcher scene.

In Scene_Battle#update_phase2 (near the bottom of the script), add these four lines I point out:
Code: ruby
      $scene = Scene_PartySwitcher.new

@party_command_window.visible = false #<==
      @status_window.visible = false        #<==

$scene.main

@party_command_window.visible = true  #<==
      @status_window.visible = true         #<==

$scene = self

Other Projects

Tepe

It's working. Thanks for Your advice / support. :)

ygor.velasquez

April 09, 2024, 03:39:31 pm #237 Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:52:31 am by KK20 Reason: Fixed images
I have a lot of available characters, and the menu when I press ESC doesn't scroll down when I'm on the 5th, 6th, etc. Also during battle, the characters after the 4th don't show up.

what do you do about it? I mean, it's not so it's kind of weird to have active characters, that you can't see when you use them.

As an example, I have this many characters:

And I can't see the 5th character and beyond. The selection tool is technically down on the nth character but I can't see which character it is.

I can use them, and see their stats, equipment, etc. But they don't show up on the screen.

Do you have any tips, a workaround, or anything to help me with this issue?

KK20

Your problem is unrelated to this script. You need to find (or create yourself) a script that can support an active party size larger than 4, breaking the default RMXP implementation.

Other Projects

ygor.velasquez

Can you recommend me any script that does that?
Since this problem is caused by the basic functionality of this script here I guess it is related.