[XP] Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

Started by Heretic86, November 26, 2013, 09:22:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on September 07, 2016, 07:41:03 am
sigh... too bad :(

but I think most people in my country still use their onboard card (oh well, and pirated winxp :v)
even if I bought external video card, it meaningless if people who will play my games didn't.

just my suggestion, if you somehow can corporate multi layer script : http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13318.0.html
I think you can reduce those event tile block thing that almost fill the map in your demo

I can possibly try to put that in.  Not sure if it will work with both of our core scripts together, but it really is a good idea.  There will be a lot of work to be done, that is for sure, but I'll probably try when / if I have any time this weekend.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

LiTTleDRAgo

September 07, 2016, 07:01:01 pm #101 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:45:39 am by LiTTleDRAgo
there is some conflict with your timed user input, I updated my core script (just commenting 2 lines)

Kamuro

Hey first of all thank you for this Collection :)
But I have some trouble configuring the Dynamic lighting...
I understand the Basics of this Script, but I dont want the Lighting under my Char at the beginning. So I put this on an Event Page with AutoStart like in the Demo:
$game_system.dynamic_lights = false
$game_player.light.enabled = false
a transition and other stuff too... The Problem is that after the first Line nothing happens, I cant even control my Char (I know its AUTORUN but there is an transition which is not working) but I dont get any error messages...
So I copied the first Event from the Demo (where this Lines work!!!) and..... guess... nothing happend....
Could someone tell me why this is not working?
I have no other Scripts execpt the Lighting, Rotation, and Conditions in my Game.
Thanks for help 8)

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kamuro

Wow that was quick :^_^\':
Thank you I will test it when im back at home from work.
Ive not been working with the RPG Maker for seven Years...   :roll:
Thanks a lot :D

Heretic86

Yep.  There is an Interpreter bug that caused your script call to not work.  In the demo, the Interpreter contains a different fix, but it is part of a much larger script for the Caterpillar system.

$game_system.foo = false
$game_system.bar = true (NEVER RUNS)

class Interpreter
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Script
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def command_355
    # Set first line to script
    script = @list[@index].parameters[0] + "\n"
    # Loop
    loop do
      # If next event command is second line of script or after
      if @list[@index+1].code == 655
        # Add second line or after to script
        script += @list[@index+1].parameters[0] + "\n"
      # If event command is not second line or after
      else
        # Abort loop
        break
      end
      # Advance index
      @index += 1
    end
    # Evaluation
    result = eval(script)
    # If return value is false
    if result == false
      # End
      # [b]REMOVED THIS LINE, CAUSES NEXT SCRIPT LINE TO NOT BE CALLED[/b]
      #return false
    end
    # Continue
    return true
  end
end
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

superafroboy

Heretic thanks so much for this awesome collection!
I'm trying to use several of these scripts in a brand new project but when I try to access the menu in game I get the below error:
http://i.imgur.com/Ky0HmQY.png

The scripts I have copied from your demo are all placed in the same order as your demo.

Heretic86

There may be a Dependency.

I've tried really hard to make sure that either additional scripts that are needed are well documented, or are not needed at all.

How many scripts do you have in use?

Also, I know the SDK really sucks, but do you have the SDK also installed?
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

superafroboy

I do have the SDK installed (copied the script from your demo).

These are the scripts I've copied from your demo, in order (I also copied all DLL files):
SDK
SDK - Character Update Fix
Heretic's Animation Speed
Heretics Modular Passable 1.0
Heretics Modular Collision Optimizer
Heretic's Loop Maps 1.01
Exclusion Elements
Autonomous Stutter BUGFIX
Pathfind (by ForeverZer0)
Lagless Path Finder 1.22
MMW - Heretic Version
MMW Addon - Easy Chests
Caterpillar
Cat Addon - Auto Door Close
Move Straight
Heretics NPCs on Event Tiles
Heretics Diagonal Stairs Deluxe
Heretics Downhill Ice Deluxe
Heretics Restrict Bush Passage
Heretics Restrict Tile Passage
Heretics Hotfoot Tiles
Heretics Circular Sprite Motion
Heretics Mirror Movement
Heretics Vehicles
Heretics Moving Platforms
Heretic's Magic Compass
Heretic's Rotate, Zoom, Pendulum
Heretic's Advanced Camera System
Background Sound Playing?
Variable Prices SDK
Die on Map Screen
Super Event Sensor
Sensor Addon
Control Self Switches Anywhere
More Self-Switches - Gameus
Auto State Switches
Event Range Conditions - F0
Unlimited Page Conditions
Multiple Fogs - game_guy
Heretic's Cloud Altitude 2.3
Little Drago Wave
VXA Battle Backgrounds
Heretic's Lightning
Dynamic Lights - Kellessdee
DEE
Dynamic Sounds
Dynamic Sounds Patch
Ambient SFX
Heretic's Dynamic Lights

Heretic86

Okay, then lets take a look for Script Conflicts.

Hit CTRL + SHIFT + F (to search all scripts) and take a look for "class Window_Base" and see if any scripts that are NOT by me are in use.  Odds are, they are overwriting some stuff that my scripts added.  Then lets see what other scripts you have that also make changes to class Window_Base so we can find a possible conflict there.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

superafroboy

Thats the strange part, I'm not using any other scripts. Just the default system ones, and the ones I listed that I copied from your demo.

http://imgur.com/a/THFUd

LiTTleDRAgo

Not truly a fix but try insert this.

class Window_Base
  alias dispose_window_base_error_fix dispose
  def dispose
    dispose_window_base_error_fix unless disposed?
  end
end

superafroboy

Denver

Hello! Firstly, thank you very much for developing and sharing so many useful scripts, I am especially interested in the Dynamic Lighting one! But would you please upload it somewhere else? I have been trying to download it here, but it is very slow and it always fails near completion. Again, thank you very much!

Heretic86

I'll put a smaller copy up here.  It uses a DLL file so I put that and the script in a ZIP file.  Copy and paste the script into your game, and put the DLL file in the same directory as game.exe and it should work just fine.

Heretic's Dynamic Lighting Script and DLL
http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/HereticsDynamicLighting.zip
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Denver

Sin86

If I start a new game or load a saved game, then quit to main menu, and then start a new game, I get this crash. Though the funny thing is, it doesn't affect loading a saved game, just starting a new game but only after you quit to main menu.

Script 'Heretic's Dynamic Lights' line 3266 noMethodError occurred.

undefined method `reset_light_event_daynight_opacity' for
#<Map_Enemy:0xedeec08>

I don't know if it has something to do with Blizz ABS though but I do have enemies on the screen in this testing map I'm using. It is not like I'm trying to put lights onto the enemies because I'm not. I did try it in another test map with no enemies and no crash when starting a new game.

KK20

The fact it says "Map_Enemy" is already enough to know BlizzABS is the problem. It iterates through Game_Map#events to find enemy events (i.e. \e in name) and directly replaces them with Map_Enemy instances. The subclass hierarchy for Map_Enemy is Map_Battler < Game_Character. It is not a subclass of Game_Event.

reset_light_event_daynight_opacity is a Game_Event method, which Map_Enemy does not have access to as explained above.

The reason for the game working the first time is because of this line positioned just above the reported line:
    # Return if no Game Map exists
    return unless $game_map

Initially, $game_map is nil until it is initiated when Scene_Title#command_new_game or Scene_Load#read_save_data is called. Game_System#reset_event_light_daynight_opacity gets called before $game_map is assigned a value. It also never resets when returning to the title screen; thus, starting another game will trigger the error.

It's up to Heretic to decide how to resolve this. I can't imagine it will be particularly easy either.

Other Projects

Heretic86

I just tested the start, quit to menu, and start / load save game does not cause any crashes in the Collection.  As KK20 said, it does sound like a BlizzABS bug / glitch.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

KK20

It's neither a bug nor glitch. Just a scenario your script doesn't account for (that is to assume every object in $game_map.events is not necessarily a Game_Event).

If you don't want BlizzABS enemy events to be a light source, that's a simple check. Otherwise, you will need to create an add-on.

Other Projects