Project S.I.T.W sketches.

Started by R.A.V.S.O, November 28, 2013, 07:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

R.A.V.S.O

These were created on my free time and whatnot... you see even though I'll rarely use screenshot cutscenes in the game, I still do these
for one particular reason... everytime I re-work the plot, fill in the gaps and get downright inspired, in order to keep track
of the plot I usually sketch down a rough draft of the cutscene so later should I ever need to edit something I can still
keep the "essence" of the cutscene (in-game) un-touched.... in a nutshell? these are visual aids for me at least XD and I loved doing them
since at least I can show a bit more of expression this way than pixels in RPGXP.

here's a few of them that I'd like to share, (I apologize for some of the pics being blurry, but having a semi-working webcam as an only
resource to take pics, this should do).

btw some of these COULD be considered spoilers for my incoming project, hence the use of the spoiler tab, of course since this is
still in development they're subject to changes.

sketch 1: "no kill like overkill"
Spoiler: ShowHide

Description:
basically while working on the siege of the Dimensional Arc map events, at one point your gunner Achim, manages to get into the
weapons facility and comes out fully loaded (you get a new skill in-game) but to truly emphasize how much of a table turner this is
I might as well show him with a nice big smile...

=========================

sketch 2: "Averting Re-Genesis"

Description:
This one itself is a MAJOR spoiler, as it is considered my canonical ending to the game so far, bsically it culminates on the
gang going to put a stop to the final boss and disable a massive battle satellite, as the end draws near the main character goes out
against the boss one last time, after 3-4 rounds both opponents are crippled down into their limits and the satellite begins to lose
shield power, hence the explosions on the background, as the final round approaches, the player stands up and yells: "I will avert Re-Genesis!"

also if you are curious as to what his weapons are, on the right, a fusion cutter (looks like a kunai... it's not) and on the left the trusty spanner,
it's quite handy for CQC beatdown goodness.

=========================

and finally.... well this one's special... it's a [just for fun] concept pic I made sometime ago....

sketch 3: 4-Player mode Dissidia in 2D.

Description:
This one's actually a funny story that happened in college... on my spare time I was just doing random sketches when one of my friends (who likes Dissidia 012 a LOT) started telling me about how would Dissidia have been if done in 2D, I simply replied that it would have been rather boring since there was only 2 players on-screen, so I suggested.... "Why not have 4 at the same time?" so my friend goes all ballistic and starts lecturing me about how impossible it would be and the reasons why.... so I just decided to do a sketch of 4 player at the same time.... same mechanics, just a more compact HUD to fit 4 people... I gotta say it's interesting.

Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Shek

These all look tight and are very thematically cohesive.

You really should get a wacom tablet and illustrate these in photoshop though, rather than sketching on paper.  That way the time you do making concept art can quickly be converted into actually assets for use.

R.A.V.S.O

hmm, it's all concept art, I don't do it to later re-do so it looks better, I do these so I can keep track of the plot
in case I had to re-do some part of it to avoid losing my train of thougt,

besides I have no idea how to use one (I'm on system engineering, however a friend of mine who's a graphic designer might have
a knack for these.)
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou